*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Sounds like my 1080Ti may just achieve 1440p with some decent settings. That’ll do, eek it out a bit longer.

I’m still not convinced on this, I’ll definitely wait a few days/weeks on the verdict.

What is going on with the forum? Is it people after the RTX 3080?

Yes, they keep killing the server.

Associate
The movement, lip synch seems off in night city wire episode 3, i hope thats an earlier build of the game, surely they have noticed that ?

Yeah I noticed that in the "postcards" video or whatever it was called with the news anchor and others I think ... I wonder if we're just getting a more realistic look at ingame footage now and that's kinda just how good that bit is ... or if something was off about how they made that video, but considering how much effort they've put into their PR it seems an odd oversight if it's fine ingame.

Associate
Will be quite funny if this game turns out to be a damp squib.

I think it'd be really unlikely that the game is terrible... but the risk is if it's underwhelming...

Though as I won't have built a system by the time it comes out I'll have the advantage of hopefully them fixing all the most glaring problems, but probably not wait long enough for DLCs and big overhauls...

I can't remember seeing anything about how easily moddable it'll be, if that's known at all, because things like god-awful UIs that were clearly designed for controllers not kb+m tend to really annoy me but are things folks can seem to fix ... like skyrim's wasn't great, but pretty quickly had a nice mod for, borderlands 2 was horrid but I don't think I saw any mods for at all.

Associate
Even if it's only half as good as it is being presented to be, it'll still be far better than the vast amount of (*****) games released recently. Imo...

There's not a huge amount of nice open world games that come out each year, so even if it's a middling game that'd still make it worth a play ... but due to how hyped everyone is the reaction to it will probably be pretty terrible if it doesn't live up to all it's promises...

I wonder about how big the world will actually feel and stuff, that might be somewhere that lets it down as even if there's a bunch of districts I feel like being in a city will hamper exploration ... but then there's those badlands (or whatever they called them) around it with the nomads and stuff so maybe those bits will be vast.

Man of Honour
I wonder about how big the world will actually feel and stuff.

This will be an interesting thing I agree. The 70gb install doesnt seem much for a city of 6 districts, given the graphics and large amount of voice acting. They have said that the game is shorter than Witcher 3 due to complaints from players that Witcher 3 was too long, so given the size and that comment, I'm expecting it to be smaller than I had initially thought, I'm expecting maybe 40-50 hours for the story.

Caporegime
Seemingly generous requirements. Quite surprised as I imagined it would need a monster machine to run it well at even 1080p.
Depends on what it looks like with those requirements and those are 1080p. 1440p 6:9 or 1440p Ultrawide or even 4K will of course be significantly higher.

Associate
If its a reasonably well optimized game then we should get some reasonable performance at 1080p with the recommended specs. Sounds like there is room to make the game look real pretty if you have the hardware.

Soldato
This will be an interesting thing I agree. The 70gb install doesnt seem much for a city of 6 districts, given the graphics and large amount of voice acting. They have said that the game is shorter than Witcher 3 due to complaints from players that Witcher 3 was too long, so given the size and that comment, I'm expecting it to be smaller than I had initially thought, I'm expecting maybe 40-50 hours for the story.

Witcher 3 incl. all DLCs and expansions takes 42GB. And it was 200 hour game with state of the art graphics, full voice acting and extensive soundtrack. Cyberpunk taking 70GB as a base game seems appropriate.

Caporegime
From the sounds of it, reckon I could get away with an OC vega 56 at 1440 and appropriate settings but..... I want ray tracing for this game! Hopefully AMD deliver, if not, 3070 it is.

Associate
They have said that the game is shorter than Witcher 3 due to complaints from players that Witcher 3 was too long

What, I hadn't heard that ... who complains about getting more game ... that kinda feels like the sort of thing they might say if they were having to cut some stuff to make deadlines (as they've already pushed it back a fair bit) to then maybe turn up in a DLC later or something... but seriously, 'this game is really good, only problem was there was loads of it to play' - weird.

Back
Top Bottom