Guardian roof on conservatory

Soldato
Ive got a quote form a local independent firm to change the roof ands it came in at £9k (including plastering and 4 new downlights installed) which I thought was really high as its only a small conservatory. Don't have the sizes to hand but at a guess 3m x 2m.

Is that the right sort of ball park or should I get another quote?

The alternate is to DIY it, Ive watched a few youtube videos and from what Ive seen I should be able to do it. Might price it up the materials and see how it compares.

Soldato
OP
I went out and measured the conservatory and its bigger than I guessed - 4m x 3.5m but still think £9k seems too high. I've got another local company coming out tomorrow so will see what they say.

Soldato
OP
Looking here - https://www.guardianroofsuk.co.uk/guardian-warm-roof-cost/ it seems that these guardian roofs start at around £7k. Whats so special about 'Guardian roof', thats makes it any better than a well specced standard roof? Why pay a premium, just get a builder to install a new roof with decent joists, insulation and new roof covering?

Absolutely no idea, the first company said they were "the best" but happy to go with any option that makes the room more useable.

Back
Top Bottom