• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I thought the 3090 was largely supposed to be a production style card aimed at video rendering and that rather than gaming? Might be why these benchmarks aren't as impressive as people were hoping
I think thats largely true but NV doesn't help with their rhetoric: "The GeForce RTX™ 3090 is a big ferocious GPU (BFGPU) with TITAN class performance. It’s powered by Ampere—NVIDIA’s 2nd gen RTX architecture—doubling down on ray tracing and AI performance with enhanced Ray Tracing (RT) Cores, Tensor Cores, and new streaming multiprocessors. Plus, it features a staggering 24 GB of G6X memory, all to deliver the ultimate gaming experience"

Seems NV are pushing the 3090 towards the gaming market which is different from the way they marketed the Titan previously. Rumours of a 3090 with 48Gb is the likely Titan successor but nothing is concrete. If 3090 is only 10% faster than a 3080 then it barely leaves any headroom for a Ti or Super which always follow.

Soldato
as obviously higher end 3080 AIB CARDS will get like at least 5% performance gain against FE edition, so something for sure is not right there... lets wait for more reviews :S
I would not be surprised if that doesn't happen this time with how huge the FE 3090 cooler is ;)

I think it would take one hell of a huge AIB cooler to be able to beat the stock FE 3090 huge cooler

Associate
I would not be surprised if that doesn't happen this time with how huge the FE 3090 cooler is ;)

I think it would take one hell of a huge AIB cooler to be able to beat the stock FE 3090 huge cooler

If this is not happening how they are going to sell it for more money? everyone would just stick with FE versions or cheapest AIB cards...

Man of Honour
Do you think there will be a Titan? The 3090 seems very close to a 3080, is there enough left in Ampere to squeeze out a Titan too?

There will be a full fat card using the GA102 chip but what they call it is another story.

I think we will also see a Titan but what form it takes is any ones guess.

No one was expecting the Titan V but it happened and caught out all the click bait sites too.

Soldato
There is no EVGA card named icx3. That's just the name of the cooling technology they're using across all their cards this generation. This listing will morph into an actual card they will sell like the XC3 BLACK and so will it's price.

Thanks for the info.

I found one called EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XC3 Ampere Graphics Card.

There is only a few days to go. So I want to find out who has what.

Soldato
There will be a full fat card using the GA102 chip but what they call it is another story.

I think we will also see a Titan but what form it takes is any ones guess.

No one was expecting the Titan V but it happened and caught out all the click bait sites too.

Only issue I see with a potential Titan, is that they'll surely want it at least 10% over the 3090 performance. The 3090 is already 350W - I just don't see them having the headroom to release a 380, or 400W card, unless it comes pre-water cooled.

IMO they'll have to wait for a new manufacturing process, but they'll likely save this for the RTX 4000 series.

Associate
Was looking to get the rog strix but price has gone up by a £100 in a day. Would not be shocked to see the price raised by another £100 by Thursday. They will sell out in minutes to bots anyway most likely anyway. Kind of depressed with this launch.

Soldato
Was eyeing a 3090 hopijng that the extra £750 would give a fair chunk of extra performance. The leaked 3090 performance has soured the idea a bit but will wait and see independent results on release, as any leaked stuff is for clicks thus revenue. Also now the confirmation of more memory on the 3080 and maybe the 3070 or will those be the Ti's/supers.

AND the gap in pricing between the 3080 and 3090 could be interesting for a 3080Ti/Super but hard performance wise to squeeze anything in if 3090 performance in the leak is confirmed. Or maybe get nearly all the performance of the 3090 for a few £££hundred less.

Wont be able to get one anyway so will probably get to see what AMD can bring. Was all ready to buy on release but I'm not wasting hours of my life clicking to try and get one. Get something when they become available - and if due to demand prices creep up then I'll wait until they normalize to something closer to RRP. I usually whack an AIO cooler on a card so happy with FE or cheaper variants and overclocking myself.

Have the money in 2020 to upgrade just the whole launch has soured the excitement a bit. Pleased for those who managed to get one to use and to not profit from. Hope all the scalped ones are the space invader versions like early 2080ti's.

Associate
FFS why are Overclockers constantly upping the price of the 3090? Sure, "because people will pay it." - but it's still frustratingly annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom