• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Payment Taken with No Stock?

Permabanned
RT isn't compulsory, it's been no better than a marketing gimmick up to this point. Again, the advantage of PC gaming: you have the choice. :)

Text adventures came before CGA's 4 colour graphics, and then 16 colour VGA. 256 colours on screen at one time was awesome, before 16, 24, and todays 32bit colour. Now with tech such as HDR and RT It's time to move on.

My first experience with graphics was with a RML 380Z.

Associate
Text adventures came before CGA's 4 colour graphics, and then 16 colour VGA. 256 colours on screen at one time was awesome, before 16, 24, and todays 32bit colour. Now with tech such as HDR and RT It's time to move on.

My first experience with graphics was with a RML 380Z.

Telex my dad had in his office back in the days before the internet was even thought of...... First PC BBC Micro model B.... That I took apart to the dismay of my parents haha.

Permabanned
Telex my dad had in his office back in the days before the internet was even thought of...... First PC BBC Micro model B.... That I took apart to the dismay of my parents haha.

LOL, hope you got it back together again! My 1st was the ZX81, a year later I had the 16K Wobble
pack and thermal printer. Happy days!

Soldato
Now with tech such as HDR and RT It's time to move on.

I agree with you 100%, that's why I dropped the cash on the screen I bought; I value high refresh & HDR. I'm even happy to drop the res to 1440 to get 60fps (Death Stranding & Plague Tale still look Glorious - arguably better than an IPS LED screen at 4k) but I'm not happy to suffer a slide show for RT.

Getting back to the original point, that's why the settings are there; to adjust to taste and hardware capability. I might pick up a 3090 this week and raise from 1440 to 4k on the games above, but I can definitely hang off and continue to enjoy them at 1440.

If people were more aware of the flexibility and options at their disposal, there would be less price gouging and scalpers going on. Turning everything to max and panicking because the game runs gash only fuels the crack pipe level of desperation we saw last week. :)

Permabanned
I honestly can’t tell the difference.

I agree it can be hard to tell at times, which I put down to the 20 series being more beta than market ready. RT was only used for specific areas such as shadows, or reflections in the big titles. There is no mistaking with titles such as Minecraft or Quake 2. I'd hope to see the next TR game for example have an equal impact due to the increased performance of the 30 series. I hope AMD can also offer great RT performance though this will be their 1st gen, fingers crossed.

Associate
just came here to post this.
regardless of what the brown-nose fan bois think here. this is, and always was, a massive scam. A pre-order anywhere else is a list of people in order who asked to reserve a product. at the time of stock arriving the pre-order list should be processed in order and payment should be taken.

OC have probably made enough interest here already to put a smile on their face. that amount is increasing each day your money is tied up in their bank.

I will never buy from these jokers again. They know exactly what they are doing. you know why? this happened when i tried to buy the Vive cosmos here. in stock, took money, out of stock, request refund. 2 attempted purchases, both times same scam. Nothing to do with surprise demand, I could have told them this would happen with the hype. Notice how there is no indication of wait times apart from the "we are the best nvidia partner so "random made-up statement about getting stock first".

In the meantime, pay 24 quid for 6 months of geforcenow, the latest games have RTX on. if you have a decent internet connection, give this a go and wait for the clown show to roll out of town

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it particulary egregious that OCUK is the only stockist to still list pre-orders for 3080 cards despite there being a massive backorder. The other sites all have the option to order greyed out.

Back
Top Bottom