Alpenfohn Brocken Eco Advance

Soldato
Hi,

Major long shot here but wondering if anyone is using one of these and have any comments on it, particularly interested in performance and noise on Ryzen systems, currently on a 3600 but will be moving to more cores on the next release

I'm limited to max height of 153mm so please don't suggest any taller coolers if you're wondering why I'm looking at this cooler it's one of the only 120mm coolers that'll fit

I know they are cheap and I could just buy one but I'm also considering waiting for the Noctua NH-U9S Chromax to be released and can't decide between the two

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Might be worth measuring from surface of CPU IHS to case side to find out how accurate the 153mm spec is. Often spec is 3-5mm less than actual clearance. If this is true of your case you would be able to use coolers like Scythe Ninja or Fuma 2. If you cannot measure IHS to case, measure from surface of motherboard to case and subtract 8mm. 8mm is normally the distance from motherboard surface to IHS surface.

Soldato
OP

Thanks for the link, I've read most of not all of them and was hoping someone had first hand experience on an AMD CPU but I'll have another look in case I missed anything

Might be worth measuring from surface of CPU IHS to case side to find out how accurate the 153mm spec is. Often spec is 3-5mm less than actual clearance. If this is true of your case you would be able to use coolers like Scythe Ninja or Fuma 2. If you cannot measure IHS to case, measure from surface of motherboard to case and subtract 8mm. 8mm is normally the distance from motherboard surface to IHS surface.

Scythe won't fit unless I get shorter motherboard stand offs and even then it's touch and go, some people have had success and others haven't so too risky for my taste it literally comes down to manufacture tolerances and how lucky you are I would rather something be guaranteed to fit

Soldato
[QUOTE="Relentless81, post: 33966797, member: 99182"
Scythe won't fit unless I get shorter motherboard stand offs and even then it's touch and go, some people have had success and others haven't so too risky for my taste it literally comes down to manufacture tolerances and how lucky you are I would rather something be guaranteed to fit[/QUOTE]
Didn't know if it would work or not, which is why I suggested measuring it before buying. ;)
Don't know for sure with new Fractal Design specs, but older ones were alway 3-8mm less than actual, and many others specs are/were at least 3mm less than actual. Some users not being able to fit taller coolers, with my liuck it wouldn't fit.

I wouldn't even consider using shorter stand-offs. Length of mount standoff spacers is the correct length to keep cooler base from pushing down too hard on IHS and damaging CPU socket.

Back
Top Bottom