Microsoft buys Zenimax and Bethesda

Soldato
There is only one person, two at most working on Quake. Only code changes and skins that's been sitting getting released every 3 months. Doom has way bigger marketing than Quake.

I'm talking about a reboot in the same style - I think it could do well, it has it's own theme.
Is this MS turning the screw on Sony because it sees gaming generating increasing revenue?

Will Microsoft eventually make this xbox exclusive?

Microsoft obviously has much much bigger buying power and can hoover these smaller studios up

I don't think they will make TES and Fallout exclusive as Minecraft was never made exclusive.

Caporegime
I'm talking about a reboot in the same style - I think it could do well, it has it's own theme.

I don't think they will make TES and Fallout exclusive as Minecraft was never made exclusive.

Its possible they could just keep acquiring studios then at some point just go.. Everything is going exclusive.

As much as I like Microsoft and not Sony, competition is good

Soldato
Out of curiousity, Tencent paid 8.6 billion for the Clash of Clans developer. They must've been making serious moolah back in the day to make that worth it as they're way down now.

Man of Honour
Glad I got all those months in advance on gamepass for £1 a month. Going to be some nice gaming ahead for next to no cost if they are going to throw all the Bethesda stuff on gamepass

Soldato
That’s a serious commitment right there

7.5 billion dollars ooft

makes sense I suppose gives them access to lots of titles in an advanced position of the development cycle rather than just starting from scratch. So many games now are multi years in development. Very smart move imo

Soldato
All I care about is Elder Scrolls, nothing else, I just want another mainstream Elder Scrolls game. Don't mess with the formula, which means no more online MMO crap, not even co-op, just a moddable, full next-gen Elder Scrolls single-player game with gameplay, graphics, story, size and depth improvements.

If Microsoft can aid it's development in any way, great, but don't dare change the winning formula or I swear I will reign down fire for every one of my 2,000+ combined hours of playtime/modding in Oblivion, Skyrim and Morrowind.

/panicattack

Back
Top Bottom