• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'd be surprised if there wasn't issues, with everywhere going live at 8am it should spread the load out a little, rather than the PS5 release of pre-orders which had basically tens of thousands of people smashing each website until they ran out, then the next one to release stock, until each site had sold out within 20 minutes.

But on the downside, everyone knows when pre-orders are going live, so expect a mad rush at 8am.

There was a 35000+ queue of people just trying top open the currys pre-order page at one point.

Soldato
Amazon sold out of ps5 in about.. 5/10 minutes. Gotta be quick.

isnt that because they cut production....supposedly?

I'd be surprised if there wasn't issues, with everywhere going live at 8am it should spread the load out a little, rather than the PS5 release of pre-orders which had basically tens of thousands of people smashing each website until they ran out, then the next one to release stock, until each site had sold out within 20 minutes.

But on the downside, everyone knows when pre-orders are going live, so expect a mad rush at 8am.

There was a 35000+ queue of people just trying top open the currys pre-order page at one point.

Holy moses. Maybe I wont be bagging one tomorrow then lol. That sucks to hear that.

Soldato
isnt that because they cut production....supposedly?

Who knows? Didn't stop the rush.

Every website that released pre orders pretty much crashed. As above currys que system when it worked had 35000 at one point. No one I know in person other than me manage to get one. The 3080 and PS5 pre orders were crazy.

Let's see what happens with this one.

Soldato
Sony said the production cut was false and numbers haven't changed since the start of mass production. They've also said they will be releasing more stock soon and through to the end of the year - I'd expect MS to do the same - release mayne 100k slots initially, then another 100k a few days later, see what the demand is. It's clever - release it all at once and you have no demand as anyone can pre-order. Limit stock and it's 'oh god, I need to secure one or else I'll miss out!!!'.

I know Curry's did about 15k pre-orders in the space of an hour, as the PRE000 numbers you get are sequential.

hmmmm maybe ill be getting Smyths, Game and Currys windows up at the same time

You and a few thousand other people, I'd imagine!

Caporegime
Not sure about the pre- order thing. Wouldn't it be better to wait and get a bundled game - like Assassins Creed Valhalla?

That game is currently £51 to pre - order for November. Same release date?

Hmm. What to do?

Can't imagine you will see deals/games bundles this side of Christmas.

These consoles will be the hottest thing on the shelves in Nov and Dec. There will be zero incentive for MS or Sony to start bundling whole new games with them.

I'm sure bundles will start appearing next year when the initial frenzy has subsided.

Soldato
I suppose a lot of it will depend on how many units MS have allocated to UK retailers. The second aspect is the stock balance between the two consoles. Im not saying the Internet won't implode, but if the allocated numbers are good, its reasonable to expect being able to bag a console for at least a couple of days after they open the pre orders.

In my view, though, they should take full payment or at least a weighty cash deposit for pre orders that are cash purchases.

Soldato
I can't see Microsoft having less stock than Sony, they supposedly entered production 1-2 months before PS5.

Just because they may have started earlier does not mean they have made more, or less for that. They will build what they think they can sell TBH, not point building 10 million consoles if toy only forecast selling 3 million. As for the PS4 production issues the Chip manufactures have said no issue with the PS5.

Associate
Can't imagine you will see deals/games bundles this side of Christmas.

Err. Yeah. You're absolutely right. I got my dates mixed up there. I bought my One X with RDR2 bundled (plus Forza) in October 2018. The One X had been out a year since.

I can wait though. Quite happy with my One X. It's silent. I like silent.

Will wait until the dust has settled and live in hope that the Series X isn't a Dyson soundalike. I can't be doing with fan noise. (reason I gave up PC gaming)

Soldato
Wow just seen news of Microsoft has purchased Zenimax Media/Bethesda.... more games coming to game pass.

Mental, isn't it? Off the top of my head; Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonoured, Quake, Rage, Prey, The Evil Within. No doubt a bunch more franchises I haven't thought of too. And as they're buying the publisher and the developer, there aren't likely to be any major licensing hurdles to bringing games from these franchises to Game Pass permanently.

Really hope they can get some of these games on to GP for the SX/SS launch. Doom Eternal would be grand.

Associate
Already had great relationships with them, thinking of Id software working on halo.

Sounds very interesting

Previous studios Microsoft have purchased, games all become available on game pass. Don’t see why will be any different.

Back
Top Bottom