• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's cancelling then, given the 20GB/16GB VRAM leaks and the pre-order debacle?

Soldato
Its psychological for me - 10GB VRAM will probably be fine for me at 1440p but knowing that the 20GB will definitely be fine... But after the blusterpuck that was the launch I've rather lost my excitement and I'm happy to wait for AMD's cards and whatever announcements NVIDIA make in response.

Associate
For what I play (WoW, Diablo, RE2) 10Gb will be fine, I game @ 2k anyway. After the launch day hassles, and my bank blocking my card, I'm doubtful I'll see my new preciousss before November, but it'll be worth the wait :)

Associate
Nope, I don't. Although if will be interesting come next year to see what real life difference there is between 10Gb and 20Gb. I don't know if it's the memory or just lack of horse power that's keeping the frame rate low in MSFS

The game has terrible CPU optimization, especially on AMD. Videos showing the game maxing out 8 cores simultaneously. MSFS is not exactly the best game to be benchmarking your GPU on.

Associate
I keep seeing on forums and reddit this whole, they will immediately release something to counter AMD within 2 months. Those 3080 super models I don’t see happening for 6+ months. The 2gb density modules from micron are only going to be available starting 2021, and that will be like all things at the start, in first run volume at a higher price, then AIBs have to run another production line for those cards and also stock up as to try and avoid a repeat for this situation (which will still happen to a certain extent).

Back
Top Bottom