Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 remastered

Soldato
I’ve finally completed every level on both THPS 1 & 2 with Bucky Lasek, got all stat points and gold in every event. The only thing I’m missing is the V logo on the Chicago (Skatepark I think it’s called) event on THPS 1. It’s an absolute bugger to get. I’m maxed out of every stat so it shouldn’t be an issue, maybe I’m just going about it the wrong way.. any tips?

I’ve gone back to using Tony Hawk, will get every stat point for him, max him out, unlock his video and move to the next skater. Still need to find those pesky Alien Plush dolls too..

Associate
I presume you mean 100,000 per combo?

The secret is grinding and manualing. Grind, hop spin and trick, manual, hop spin and trick, manual, grind something else.

As I alluded to above, you can actually manual between half pipe jumps if you ‘revert’ which is something I’m not sure if it is new to this game, but that makes things massively more combo-able!

Revert was in THPS3 but not the first two from what I remember. It makes it a whole lot easier to get high scoring combos

Soldato
Are people still playing this?

I'm slowly making my way through every character to max their stats and unlock their video. Manged to unlock the Alien but still need Officer Dick. Had a look at create a park but not had a proper look yet, or played any decent parks. Any good created parks I should check out?

Don
Are people still playing this?

Yep - even after completing all the goals on both tours, I've just started trying to tick off some of the challenges - some of them are going to be epicly hard.

I spent probably an hour last night, just trying to improve my time on the Hanger Speed Run - so satisfying when you do get the lines right, and manage to get all the goals in one go.

Soldato
Yep - even after completing all the goals on both tours, I've just started trying to tick off some of the challenges - some of them are going to be epicly hard.

I spent probably an hour last night, just trying to improve my time on the Hanger Speed Run - so satisfying when you do get the lines right, and manage to get all the goals in one go.

How do you do speed runs? Must have missed this mode..

**Just found it next to THPS and THPS 2.. I'm blind**

Caporegime
I can't even do enough to unlock all the levels in THPS1 lol, the years have not been kind. When I was in my younger years me and mate would knock out insane combos.

Soldato
Xbox Series X/S and PS5 versions just been announced. No smart delivery for existing owners it’s another paid upgrade from Activision and no disc version upgrade available on Xbox. Tbh not sure it’s worth it as it runs and looks ok as is.

Just another Activision money making exercise.....

Soldato
Xbox Series X/S and PS5 versions just been announced. No smart delivery for existing owners it’s another paid upgrade from Activision and no disc version upgrade available on Xbox. Tbh not sure it’s worth it as it runs and looks ok as is.

Very much so, it's only 'free' if you got the deluxe edition. The lack of upgrade from xbox disc edition is confusing. I can only imagine it's related to the issue they had on the Microsoft Store with Cold War (it was possible to 'buy' the digital XB1 edition for £60, pay a further £5 for the XBX version, then get a refund which was applied automatically to the £60 outlay, getting you Cold War on next gen for a fiver)

Interested to see how it runs on Switch, but I won't be bothering with next gen. Now if they also remastered THPS 3....

Don

Activision snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory once again... other than that THPS1+2 was handled fantastically imo (A decent remake, some minor quality of life improvements, and even listening to fan feedback after release)

Back
Top Bottom