• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is there a mini guide for the cheapest way of getting ultimate (which will also cover PC)? Something about upgrading gold membership time? Thanks.

Stolen from another kind member.

Buy up to 3 years of Xbox Gold either UK or Brazil to get it even cheaper from cdkeys.

If using the Brazil codes, connect to a VPN with a server in Brazil and check your IP location shows you as being in that country.

Go to microsoft.com/redeem in an incognito window to avoid any saved logins, login to your MS account and redeem the live codes, do not accept the free month for renewing if you want to add 3 years as it will take you over the max 36 months.

Log out, turn VPN off and then either use the xbox app or website to use the £1 upgrade offer. If you have already had a game pass sub you can buy a 1 month Ultimate code from CD Keys for £8.99 and just add that on the xbox app. It will say you are buying 1 month of ultimate but if you check your subscriptions after it will be prepaid until however months of Gold you had.

It's only when you add Gold to an Ultimate sub that you get the rubbish conversion and existing customers with an expired gamepass sub can do the same thing but they might not have the £1 offer so just use a 1 month prepaid code instead.

Caporegime
You can access Smyths website but it will not let you order via the finance option.

Just got an email from them saying you can go into the store to order one but the finance option is not available at the moment.

What a joke lol, I knew this would happen so not at all surprised that game is completely down. It’s like they didn’t see this coming lol and the fact that Smyths are saying they have no idea about the finance option is the icing on the cake.
I've been staring at a red minion all morning, no matter what product I click thats all I get!

Pet Northerner
Don
Yes, was about 15th in line when doors opened, wearing bike gear and carrying a motorbike helmet.

I walked out as you were talking to the staff member at the door. Bald (mostly) with a black mask with a beard poking out! I got there about 7:20 and was 6th in line

I wonder if any after you were disappointed, that queue was big!

Soldato
I'm surprised the Game site is still offline, was hoping to use some credit there.

The next dilemma will be working out which retailer to keep my order with, hopefully they give some indication of allocation prior to delivery. I'm leaning towards MS, they are the manufacturer after all.

Associate

It's only when you add Gold to an Ultimate sub that you get the rubbish conversion and existing customers with an expired gamepass sub can do the same thing but they might not have the £1 offer so just use a 1 month prepaid code instead.

The bit about 1 month pre-paid code. If you are a current GP Ultimate subscriber, is there a way to extend your sub without the conversion? Is that what the last part is about?

My sub runs out Oct 2021 but would like to see if I can extend it

Associate
Series X ordered from Game in Ipswich first thing this morning just as the tills opened.

No 1TB hard drives to pre-order but not a problem.

There were only 2 left in store to order at 10.30.

Cheers all

Soldato
The bit about 1 month pre-paid code. If you are a current GP Ultimate subscriber, is there a way to extend your sub without the conversion? Is that what the last part is about?

My sub runs out Oct 2021 but would like to see if I can extend it
I'm not too sure as my sub wasn't active. I paid the £1 to start the new sub and went from there.

Soldato

Buy up to 3 years of Xbox Gold either UK or Brazil to get it even cheaper from cdkeys.

If using the Brazil codes, connect to a VPN with a server in Brazil and check your IP location shows you as being in that country.

Go to microsoft.com/redeem in an incognito window to avoid any saved logins, login to your MS account and redeem the live codes, do not accept the free month for renewing if you want to add 3 years as it will take you over the max 36 months.

Log out, turn VPN off and then either use the xbox app or website to use the £1 upgrade offer. If you have already had a game pass sub you can buy a 1 month Ultimate code from CD Keys for £8.99 and just add that on the xbox app. It will say you are buying 1 month of ultimate but if you check your subscriptions after it will be prepaid until however months of Gold you had.

Thanks a lot!

Soldato
I've pre ordered a series S. 2 in fact, one from Microsoft and one from Amazon. I'm cancelling the Microsoft one as I like dealing with Amazon though.

I went for the S as I'm getting a PS5 and I already have a gaming PC. The S is just for playing some third party games with friends who are getting an xbox.

Is there a mini guide for the cheapest way of getting ultimate (which will also cover PC)? Something about upgrading gold membership time? Thanks.

Just be careful when cancelling the MS order. I've know many, MANY times that Amazon takes pre-orders, and then close to launch they send an email saying "delivery can't be guaranteed, now estimated 'another month'"

Soldato

Yeah, cheers for the heads up. Worked for me, got 24 months for £58 then upgraded to Ultimate for £1. Seems the max is 36 month btw.

Soldato
Anyone know if John Lewis will be offering pre-orders?

looks like the only place left? Sadly a bit late to the party :)

They were supposed to be and were listed as a retailer on the MS website, however I’ve still not seen anything on their site

I was on it at 8am and been keeping an eye on it all morning

I have £260 worth of gift cards so this would have been my preference, ended up getting one from Amazon

Associate
I wonder what the hell happened to the GAME and Smyths websites? They are both still down.
was a disaster if you wanted access which is the way i was going sat in que online game then after 1 hour it wouldnt let you get past console choice.and smyths just didnt work full stop so just popped into smyths store and pre ordered x for 25 deposit

Back
Top Bottom