Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
My game always seems to revert to 66% render resolution after an update (1080p).
I notice that when im clicking around in other windows during the gane launch it will revert to fullscreen boarderless.
It also sets 50% render res and drops a couple of settings down

Soldato
I've had that quite a few times, latest being I went into a building and hid mid floor, heard a door swing open and some guy came sliding and hopping to my exact location without any UAV or heartbeat sensor. Had that happen a few times.
I've also had it pop up few times that they had banned someone I suspected.
The game is so glitched with hit detection and other dodgisms lol... I've now sacked it off as I thought my days of being competative were gone, right upto the point I loaded up BOPS 3/4 and was basically ending up with KDR's around 2 minimum usually 2.5 or higher again... showing I haven't become crap in the last 12 months. My mate is the same, hes better than me at fps'ers YET we're both appalling at WarZone... trust me mate it's nto you, the game is flawed and I have a feeling it's especially when you enable crossfire and people with autoaim.... I've watched people on replays and it's unreal what they pull off absolute nonsense... I've hosed people in the back and they've turned around and 1 shot down I'm dead.

From the time to death nonsense (which is what was it 175ms meaning you don't have time to even tuirn around and fight back) to the hit detection to the BS that goes on... I've retired it now... the fact is, how come I can be so good at every other FPS yet suck so bad at warZone>?

Every time shader installations, it's appaling, massive updates.... resolution changes ot boderless everytime amending my raster res... the game is one of the worst I've seen on PC in a long time. A Very long time, how they've got away with this junk is beyond me... well it's not, we all bought it and they're alughing all the way to the bank at our expense. Dreadful implementation and appallingly optimised for a game that looks this poor, I actually get more fps in BF5 maxed than wazzone, go figure!

Associate
I notice that when im clicking around in other windows during the gane launch it will revert to fullscreen boarderless.
It also sets 50% render res and drops a couple of settings down

I had this same issue and found it could be resolved by manually setting full screen borderless with your preferred render resolution. That way it won’t change when you click elsewhere.

Associate
The game is so glitched with hit detection and other dodgisms lol... I've now sacked it off as I thought my days of being competative were gone, right upto the point I loaded up BOPS 3/4 and was basically ending up with KDR's around 2 minimum usually 2.5 or higher again... showing I haven't become crap in the last 12 months. My mate is the same, hes better than me at fps'ers YET we're both appalling at WarZone... trust me mate it's nto you, the game is flawed and I have a feeling it's especially when you enable crossfire and people with autoaim.... I've watched people on replays and it's unreal what they pull off absolute nonsense... I've hosed people in the back and they've turned around and 1 shot down I'm dead.

From the time to death nonsense (which is what was it 175ms meaning you don't have time to even tuirn around and fight back) to the hit detection to the BS that goes on... I've retired it now... the fact is, how come I can be so good at every other FPS yet suck so bad at warZone>?

Every time shader installations, it's appaling, massive updates.... resolution changes ot boderless everytime amending my raster res... the game is one of the worst I've seen on PC in a long time. A Very long time, how they've got away with this junk is beyond me... well it's not, we all bought it and they're alughing all the way to the bank at our expense. Dreadful implementation and appallingly optimised for a game that looks this poor, I actually get more fps in BF5 maxed than wazzone, go figure!

it certainly isn’t a well optimised game even today. I find that I have to turn all the graphics settings down (making the game look ugly) just so that enemies are more identifiable at a range of distances; the game can look good but then it becomes noticeably more difficult to quickly identify and engage the enemy.

Caporegime
game has its issues but generally the actual gameplay is good battle eye launcher and connection is terrible though.

sad thing is the game mode i mainly play and our lot isnt in black ops. cyber attack. ah well just will have to find a new mode in black ops. :D

Soldato
game has its issues but generally the actual gameplay is good battle eye launcher and connection is terrible though.

sad thing is the game mode i mainly play and our lot isnt in black ops. cyber attack. ah well just will have to find a new mode in black ops. :D
I agree mate, I have a love hate with it. I've put some many hours into it as it's the first COD game that actually looked ok, it plays well, some solid DM levels BUT its just flawed, there's something about it and the biggest killer for me is the time to die which is insane, you literally get hosed... and for me, if I wanted that I'd play Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena... such a shame as in there is one if not the best game for years... but I hate it now... shame.

The new BOPS isn't got the sill time to die and you last twice as long by all accounts, so, it'll be like normal BOPS and that for me is the game changer, allow me to fight back basically rather than first shot wins.

in Warzone/DM in Modern warfare, basically you may as well make it a pistol and 1 shot kills

Associate
I agree mate, I have a love hate with it. I've put some many hours into it as it's the first COD game that actually looked ok, it plays well, some solid DM levels BUT its just flawed, there's something about it and the biggest killer for me is the time to die which is insane, you literally get hosed... and for me, if I wanted that I'd play Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena... such a shame as in there is one if not the best game for years... but I hate it now... shame.

The new BOPS isn't got the sill time to die and you last twice as long by all accounts, so, it'll be like normal BOPS and that for me is the game changer, allow me to fight back basically rather than first shot wins.

in Warzone/DM in Modern warfare, basically you may as well make it a pistol and 1 shot kills

The climbing mechanics in MW have struck me as a bit odd; climbing over a 6 foot wall: no problem; climbing over waist-high rock or anything slightly odd-shaped: absolutely not.

Associate
The primary issue is server performance / connection issues. If you get into a reasonably stable lobby it runs quite nicely. If you don't then you'll run into hit detection issues, packet burst issues causing "super bullets", getting shot behind cover because on their screen you're still in the open etc.

@pugheaven TTK is not 175ms for any gun (one hit headshot weapons excluded obviously) in WZ. Some non OHK guns are that fast in standard MP though.

Soldato
The primary issue is server performance / connection issues. If you get into a reasonably stable lobby it runs quite nicely. If you don't then you'll run into hit detection issues, packet burst issues causing "super bullets", getting shot behind cover because on their screen you're still in the open etc.

@pugheaven TTK is not 175ms for any gun (one hit headshot weapons excluded obviously) in WZ. Some non OHK guns are that fast in standard MP though.
I'd agree on that, would be nice to implement public servers for PC etc, but we know they wouldn't want that as they want to kill the games quickly... the one thing that was fgreat with Counter Strike and Battlefield was servers and chosing what ones you join... you always had your faves where your ping was rapid and connections good... the games got loads of little problems which ultimatly mean there is a big problem. Like I say, wirdly i've put more hours into it than a lot of other games yet remain absolute garbage at it.

Soldato
I think MW has done well with the style of BR mode, better than what I’ve seen in BFV and PUBG at launch of their BR modes. Gulag, contracts and buying stations make for a well-paced experience.
and bunkers!
I love the addition of bunkers where multiple teams race to park or certain bunkers where the flight path is. Its definately fast paced.
Also the opportunity to ambush people coming out the bunkers with loads of cash and weapons :D
Sometime its just best to wait for 'sloppy seconds' or 'sloppy thirds' on bunkers, go last minute to pick up the scraps that have been left behind

Associate
It sounds like the intention is to continually update WZ as well, so when the current MW development falls off we'll see WZ continue in some manner. Its assumed that it'll be linked with the forthcoming Black Ops title, but I'm not sure exactly how this will work - there are some very obvious differences in how the BO2020 plays vs MW2019, the animations are totally different, and from what I've read they are based on different iterations of the CoD engine. Seems to me there's two ways it could be approached - WZ becomes a more standalone title continuing from where it is now, but is updated with BO2020 weapons and a map to suit. Or, current WZ is essentially scrapped and a new version is released by Treyarch that shares little with the current Infinity Ward version.

Associate
It sounds like the intention is to continually update WZ as well, so when the current MW development falls off we'll see WZ continue in some manner. Its assumed that it'll be linked with the forthcoming Black Ops title, but I'm not sure exactly how this will work - there are some very obvious differences in how the BO2020 plays vs MW2019, the animations are totally different, and from what I've read they are based on different iterations of the CoD engine. Seems to me there's two ways it could be approached - WZ becomes a more standalone title continuing from where it is now, but is updated with BO2020 weapons and a map to suit. Or, current WZ is essentially scrapped and a new version is released by Treyarch that shares little with the current Infinity Ward version.

Hopefully they retain the same payment model: free base game, battle pass and cosmetics optional those willing to spend. I don’t like when core content is locked behind a pay wall.

A question on MW battle pass - does the cost of the pass work out less than than coins you earn as you complete the pass to level 100? That is to say, if you bought the pass for Season 5 and completed it, you’d have earned enough coin to buy the Season 6 pass?

Associate
Hopefully they retain the same payment model: free base game, battle pass and cosmetics optional those willing to spend. I don’t like when core content is locked behind a pay wall.

A question on MW battle pass - does the cost of the pass work out less than than coins you earn as you complete the pass to level 100? That is to say, if you bought the pass for Season 5 and completed it, you’d have earned enough coin to buy the Season 6 pass?

I'd guess it'll be the same as WZ is now. Cosmetics via cash shop and season pass, seasonal update weapons both in the season pass and unlockable via challenges.

I you complete a season pass, you get the same or a little more in CoD points back. Of course, they're banking on you spending them on cosmetics / topping up to buy a pack during the season so you buy the pass again with money at the next season.

Associate
I'd guess it'll be the same as WZ is now. Cosmetics via cash shop and season pass, seasonal update weapons both in the season pass and unlockable via challenges.

I you complete a season pass, you get the same or a little more in CoD points back. Of course, they're banking on you spending them on cosmetics / topping up to buy a pack during the season so you buy the pass again with money at the next season.

I hear what you’re saying. It is nice that the option to not spend more GBP on your next pass is available to you should you complete the previous season’s pass and don’t frivolously spend on other stuff.

Soldato
I like the battle pass system and happy to top up the coins if short in buying the new one. I hope they take it past 6. Seeing as I mainly play warzone I don't have much interest in black opps as it won't help me in warzone using a different engine and mechanics

Associate
I'm going to pull a prediction out of my arse - WZ will continue for 3-6 months after BO2020 releases, map/story evolution will then move towards tying into BO2020, and the "new" BO2020 based WZ will be released, replacing the MW2019 based one.

Can't see them having two versions of WZ live simultaneously so if they do a BO2020 based one it'll replace the current one.

Associate
I'm going to pull a prediction out of my arse - WZ will continue for 3-6 months after BO2020 releases, map/story evolution will then move towards tying into BO2020, and the "new" BO2020 based WZ will be released, replacing the MW2019 based one.

Can't see them having two versions of WZ live simultaneously so if they do a BO2020 based one it'll replace the current one.

Yea, like @SonicSW20 said, we will have to wait and see where Warzone exists in the coming months.

Back
Top Bottom