• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ampere... what a disastrous launch!

Soldato
Surely the worst launch from nvidia. I can't remember a launch this bad from nvidia.

The issue with this launch is the hype for this new line up was massive and underachied.

The power comes at the cost of being hungry and hot.

Amd get slack for this and so should nvidia fair is fair.

Damn right, I remember when it was the 7970's, 290's etc Nvidia fanboy's beasted AMD for them being hot cards. So many memes referencing the heat.

At least Jensen was upfront taking 3000 cards out of the oven. Shame they are half baked.

Soldato
Prices on here are still being gouged and pre orders still being taken. That's the Zotac gouged almost £100 from MRSP now, for a pre order with no delivery estimate.

At least the scalpers on eBay have stock to ship, and the way things are progressing they'll be cheaper than OcUK.

Soldato
It was obviously a paper launch when almost a week after sales went live, you can count on one pair of hands how many 3080s I’ve seen in customer’s hands.

Nvidia have been absolute shambolic in how they’ve dealt with this 3000 series launch. 3090 is expected to be worse this week, Gibbo said he has single digit stock numbers on models. How’s that anything but a paper launch?

The best thing Nvidia could’ve done, is just allow pre-orders last week only. Then start shipping cards from 1st October or similar. At least AIBs and retailers would have another 2 weeks to manufacture and supply the chain. Whilst also getting an idea for demand volume on pre-orders.

There are currently 7 entrants on the roll of honour in owners thread on this forum. SEVEN.

Someone said something about them launching with 1% supply compared to demand. I'd be stunned if it was even that high.

Atrocious.

Soldato
I don't get all the rush. There isn't a next gen game out until November. Don't give paper launches time of day, just wait a month maybe slightly longer and order then along with that next gen game that will make use of the new hardware?

People have sold gpu's in anticipation of the new card being available and are left with either an inadequate back up card or no card at all.

Caporegime
There are currently 7 entrants on the roll of honour in owners thread on this forum. SEVEN.

Someone said something about them launching with 1% supply compared to demand. I'd be stunned if it was even that high.

Atrocious.

Yup, NVidia are playing the "demand" card but it's blatantly obvious stock was incredibly limited, why else would retailers be gagged about talking about how many they got?

Soldato

Atrocious.
How do you know the majority of the purchasers are even active forum members or even members at all?

What other purchases do you announce on the forum that belongs to the retailer?

Soldato
How do you know the majority of the purchasers are even active forum members or even members at all?

What other purchases do you announce on the forum that belongs to the retailer?

I don't obviously. I was making a point that it is a small number nearly a week after release which is perhaps indicitive of how many 3080's are out there.

I'm pretty sure owners threads on previous launches were far busier.

Associate
There's something more sinister at play here.
Have you noticed how the price is creeping up bit by bit? There isn't a single AIB card at MRSP. Look at the 3070 prices on ocuk.
I think this is by design. So in two month time someone paying £750 for the crappy Palit card will think they're getting a "bargain".

Caporegime
So you just made it up then in other words?

NVIDIA will have known what the demand was. They will also have known that they were weeks, if not months from being able to satisfy even close to that demand.
No, I didn’t. It came from here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-3080-qa/ where nvidia themselves stated ‘At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Instantly, the NVIDIA store was inundated with over 10 times the traffic of our previous generation launch, which took our internal systems to a crawl and encountered an error preventing sales from starting properly at 6:00am pacific. We were able to resolve the issues and process orders later than planned.’

Ten times the demand of the 2000 series launch.

Back
Top Bottom