Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
it certainly isn’t a well optimised game even today. I find that I have to turn all the graphics settings down (making the game look ugly) just so that enemies are more identifiable at a range of distances; the game can look good but then it becomes noticeably more difficult to quickly identify and engage the enemy.
Works well on my aging i7 4790k cpu and 2080Ti. 70-130fps on highest settings 3440x1440.
RE the lowering detail to give you an edge over opposition, this has been done with most online games since multiplayer was a thing.
I remember turning off things like foliage in soldier of fortune to make it easier to see enemies

Associate
Works well on my aging i7 4790k cpu and 2080Ti. 70-130fps on highest settings 3440x1440.
RE the lowering detail to give you an edge over opposition, this has been done with most online games since multiplayer was a thing.
I remember turning off things like foliage in soldier of fortune to make it easier to see enemies

Im fairly new to multiplayer FPS so this the idea of removing visual aspects of the game in order to remain competitive seems foreign to me.

I used to play PUBG with settings maxed out and would routinely get killed whilst hiding in foliage that (to me) looked like it was doing a marvellous job of concealing me ... it makes sense now.

Soldato
I read a thread on Reddit yesterday that showed someone flicking through sound files that were recovered from a warzone update which when listening to them is for Zombie BR.
From the sound clips, zombies are faster in the gas, you can turn human again by eating the hearts of the dead or similar.

Associate
I read a thread on Reddit yesterday that showed someone flicking through sound files that were recovered from a warzone update which when listening to them is for Zombie BR.
From the sound clips, zombies are faster in the gas, you can turn human again by eating the hearts of the dead or similar.

That’s certainly one why to spice things up.

Associate
Is there some sort of issue with hit detection in ground war? I seem to be hitting players as much as I would in other multiplayer modes but they don't die.

I can't understand why I only get between 4 and 10 kills in a match of ground war when other players are getting 50 plus regularly.

|It only happens in ground war.

Associate
Only connection issues, due to player count. Look on the left hand side of the screen. I get the yellow packet burst icon quite often if I play ground war, I never get it in the 10v10 or lower MP modes.

Soldato
Similar to the Shadowfall limited time mode in Apex Legends perhaps, where killed Legends came back as shadows with enhanced mobility and melee damage.

Sounds like it could be although I've not played Apex in a long time. Since possibly season 2.

Only connection issues, due to player count. Look on the left hand side of the screen. I get the yellow packet burst icon quite often if I play ground war, I never get it in the 10v10 or lower MP modes.

I get connection issues often.
As mentioned by others too, a lot of hit markers (4 with a kar98 before armour was off) then what feels like two bullets and I'm a goner.

Associate
I get connection issues often.
As mentioned by others too, a lot of hit markers (4 with a kar98 before armour was off) then what feels like two bullets and I'm a goner.

The two things are very much related. if you have connection issues causing packet loss or burst, you can end up getting hit by "super bullets", where on your end it seems like you're getting absolutely wrecked in an impossible time, but what's happening is you're either receiving the packets telling your game you've been hit at the same time (packet burst) or you're straight up missing some packets telling your game you've been hit so when your game receives the next update from the server you're effectively getting hit with double damage from your perspective. It can go the other way as well, you see a hit marker but the packet never reaches the server.

Soldato
The two things are very much related. if you have connection issues causing packet loss or burst, you can end up getting hit by "super bullets", where on your end it seems like you're getting absolutely wrecked in an impossible time, but what's happening is you're either receiving the packets telling your game you've been hit at the same time (packet burst) or you're straight up missing some packets telling your game you've been hit so when your game receives the next update from the server you're effectively getting hit with double damage from your perspective. It can go the other way as well, you see a hit marker but the packet never reaches the server.

Thanks for the explanation. Pretty much sums it up perfectly.
It's not been as bad since using a laptop for gaming instead of my PS4 (when I'm offshore) and generally don't see much issues in normal multiplayer.

Soldato
Im fairly new to multiplayer FPS so this the idea of removing visual aspects of the game in order to remain competitive seems foreign to me.

I used to play PUBG with settings maxed out and would routinely get killed whilst hiding in foliage that (to me) looked like it was doing a marvellous job of concealing me ... it makes sense now.

I think its better now in most games as the foliage might appear to be a block or just blurry / low quality but it was certainly like that in older games. Personally I play in highest quality possible for it to look nice but im a casual FPS gamer rather than competitive. Most COD games usually involve one or more of our squad waffling on about non COD related stuff instead of radion silence until required like pointing out enemies or giving location of enemies / tactics.

I see COD MW as a non competitive game as its an 'Action FPS' in my eyes. Play something like the Arma series or Squad if you want professionalism and proper comms. COD is about flying around in buggies and jeeps with mates trying to RPG people after a few beers :D

My friends are on pad's (Xbox and PS4) with my on K&M, in a team they usually don't fair too well if met with othre K&M teams. When they play in their own games (all pad) they do very well but with me we do rubbish. This is the downside to mixing pad peasants with the elite K&M players... that said, it's only action fps fun in my eyes so i dont really care.

When i've joined teams with other K&M players some have been very serious, fun but different.

Playing with friends we tent to try but generally not do well because of things like trying to stay quiet but then someone jumping out a window to give our position away :D

Associate
Been playing BR buy back which has been fun, playing with random people does infuriated sometimes. Like they get killed at spot a, parachute back into spot a and shock, get killed again. Then continue to spam the buy back button. :rolleyes:

The other good one is being stubborn and trying to engage when we should be falling back.

Soldato
I'm going to pull a prediction out of my arse - WZ will continue for 3-6 months after BO2020 releases, map/story evolution will then move towards tying into BO2020, and the "new" BO2020 based WZ will be released, replacing the MW2019 based one.

Can't see them having two versions of WZ live simultaneously so if they do a BO2020 based one it'll replace the current one.

No chance. That Black Opps engine cannot run warzone.

Back
Top Bottom