• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3080 Owners Thread

Associate
This just turned up. Now need to find the time to break my full loop and stick this in. I'll just use the fans for now.

Jes7SUG.jpg
gpu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
@WiGgLr , be interested to hear how the fan speeds work for you in afterburner (presuming the GB has fan stop at certain temps) if you get some time please ;)
As I can set 0% but it just will not go under 30% on a profile with my MSi.

Associate
@WiGgLr , be interested to hear how the fan speeds work for you in afterburner (presuming the GB has fan stop at certain temps) if you get some time please ;)
Sure, will let you know when I have managed to get it in my machine

Associate
It seems to be a display bug in MSI afterburner. It says 31% with these settings, but fans are actually off.

msiab.jpg

Soldato
Thanks for checking that out WiGgLr.

In your instance that is good to know, in my instance, the temps are below the threshold I set but fans are still on.
I might not have noticed as tbh I can't hear them at all at 30% speed, but as I was awaiting some new memory I had the case on my desk and could physically see they were not off.

Last edited:
Associate
If I turn off the user defined profile, the graph reads correctly.

Still, I see the fans as a temporary thing anyway, just need a compatible waterblock to come out

Man of Honour
OP
This just turned up. Now need to find the time to break my full loop and stick this in. I'll just use the fans for now.

4rqoiBw
gpu.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

iH1492r.jpg

Date 22/09/2020, Make Gigabyte Gaming, WiGgLr, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, Ace Modder, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, Ace Modder, Link
Date 22/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, Shockwave, Link
Date 21/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, InkZ, Link
Date 19/09/2020, Make Palit GamingPro, mingey, Link
Date 19/09/2020, Make Zotac Trinity, hyperseven, Link
Date 18/09/2020, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, Vogon, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3080

Soldato
(ref Afterburner 463 beta2)
Aaaand ... nope still cant set a custom profile and keep the stock fan off below certain temps, it forces a minimum of 30%.

I asked the author but he said you cant set below the bios , but the default behavior is fan off at below 60 deg says I.
He replies with a short tempered answer saying he told me what the issue is and locks the thread .... creating these wonderful bits of software must make one very short tempered :p

Ive checked and my fans dont turn off well not completely, it cycles through all 3 fans. 1 will turn off then other one turn on and so on..

Back
Top Bottom