• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
[QUOTE="CaptainRAVE, post: 33971937, member: 32584"....

OK, another question. Are there specific headphones/set for this. What audio setups do you all use?

I'm using the A50 Gen 3 headphones at the moment. Apparently, with a firmware update, these can also be used on the Series X which is awesome!![/QUOTE]

Sexy.

Caporegime
I probably have rechargeable AAs somewhere.

OK, another question. Are there specific headphones/set for this. What audio setups do you all use?
I have the Astro A40 headset with the mixamp pro. Brilliant piece of kit that I use on my Xbox one x but with the series x it will come with an update so it allows audio over usb as the Xbox series x no longer have an optical port.

Soldato
I've been trying to work that out too. There seem to be a few labelled 'Series X' (or both), but then what about those that are meant to be getting upgrades? Do we buy the original then we get a free copy of the 'Series X' version?

I think I'll also add AC Valhalla and a Play and Charge Kit that should arrive on the same day.

Any other game suggestions?
All games that can play on the current Xbox One will also play on the next gen s/x series.

Soldato
The S will play digital games yes.... think it might have trouble with discs lol. And The S won’t play enhanced back compatible games. Just bog standard versions.
Not true, the Series S will have its own enhancements. That has been confirmed. Doubling of framerates, faster loading, better resolutions and better textures. If a game was say 30fps the S will play it at 60. If its 60fps then the aim is for 120fps.

Soldato
Not true, the Series S will have its own enhancements. That has been confirmed. Doubling of framerates, faster loading, better resolutions and better textures. If a game was say 30fps the S will play it at 60. If its 60fps then the aim is for 120fps.

Yes it is to a degree ...... “Much more interesting is the situation with Xbox One backward compatibility. As was previously confirmed, the Xbox Series S will not be able to take advantage of Xbox One X Enhanced modes in games. "

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/0...original Xbox and Xbox,as Xbox One X Enhanced.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes it is to a degree ...... “Much more interesting is the situation with Xbox One backward compatibility. As was previously confirmed, the Xbox Series S will not be able to take advantage of Xbox One X Enhanced modes in games. "

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/09/20/xbox-series-x-s-double-frame-rate-backward-compatibility-three-lines-of-code/#:~:text=For original Xbox and Xbox,as Xbox One X Enhanced.
But the S will apply its own enhancements. Thats my point.

Caporegime
Finally got an order through about 5 minutes ago. I just know need to sort out the chaos that happened with Smyths and make sure Klarna don't start billing me for a non-existent console!
Just cancel the DD on your bank in a couple of days.

I have the same predicament!

Soldato
Was thinking it's almost worth ordering a Series S on All access, at £21 a month - but then it seems you have to do all access via Game or Smyths - Smyths have no mention of it, and Game you have to go int store for new sign ups!! :(

Back
Top Bottom