• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When are the RTX 3090 reviews out

Associate
100/.84-100 gives me 19%...

Which even with the law of diminishing returns isn't much for the doubling of the price.

Soldato
100/.84-100 gives me 19%...

Which even with the law of diminishing returns isn't much for the doubling of the price.

Top tier card has never been good value for money, people pay extra for the best. In this case, I'm sure there'll be lots of buyers not quite comfortable with the 10GB VRAM for 4k either, who'll move up the tier to the 3090.

Associate
Ouch well I did think 10% was too low to be real but as other have said <20% is definitely in the diminishing returns section. It should come with a free SUCKA temp tattoo for that price :)

Associate
overclockers just upped the price on the 3090 cards... originly they were 1399.99 now there 1589.99. wtf

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
overclockers just upped the price on the 3090 cards... originly they were 1399.99 now there 1589.99. wtf

And you’re surprised because?

Only thing that surprises me is that they’ve waited this long to do so.

Awaiting reviews and if worth it, will get a FE.

Soldato
Ouch well I did think 10% was too low to be real but as other have said <20% is definitely in the diminishing returns section. It should come with a free SUCKA temp tattoo for that price :)

:D

LOL! It's the World famous and inevitable Gibbo gouge, I wonder what the excuse will be?

Excuse Bingo:

1. Exchange rate.

2. Limited stock.

3. NV/AIB's made me do it.

4. Ducks returning to Peru blown off course by El Nino.

Associate
You're missing 5.

"Customers negative reaction to being gouged (as the website was dying a death) after being done a "favour" and being sold the cards at MSRP for a limited number means that we will just gouge you all straight away now".

Associate
Some good news for the folks waiting for the 3090. This was taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ix9zcg/early_msi_geforce_rtx_3090_gaming_x_trio/

To summarise:
  • Time Spy (graphics): 20569 vs 17645 (via arstechnica). 16.6% Increase
  • Time Spy Extreme (graphics): 10560 vs 8798 (via arstechnica). 20% Increase
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (4K/Maxed): 71 vs 63 (via arstechinica) 12.7% Increase
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (4K/Ultimate Quality): 86 vs 73 (via techspot) 17.8% Increase
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (4K/Maxed/DLSS/No RT): 112 vs 103 (via guru 3D) 8.7% Increase
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (4K/Maxed/DLSS/RT): 82 vs 69 (via pcgamer) 18.8% Increase
So it looks like the Chinese leaks from the weekend were off by quite a margin (10% in some cases). :)

He shows a box and the card in place but conveniently covers the RTX designation on the card in his PC with his user name written on paper.... I call BS on this dude, he doesn't show the actual 3090 at any point.

Soldato
You're missing 5.

"Customers negative reaction to being gouged (as the website was dying a death) after being done a "favour" and being sold the cards at MSRP for a limited number means that we will just gouge you all straight away now".

Yep forgot about that one, pre-gouging is marketed to customers as a "convenience".

Soldato
Associate
With the stock being as small as it is there's no other way to get your hands on one without taking the gamble. At least there's the option to return it for a full refund if you're unhappy (or sell it with a profit if you have no soul).

That's true. You're not going to lose money in the current climate.

Associate
You keep missing my point. I agree with you.
First response so ??

However, I blame the idiot consumer who purchases it for gaming, not nVidia. It will likely shift more units than if it were just prosumer aimed. Can't argue with that, especially since it will be the most powerful GPU on earth. That is until nVidia decides to outdo themselves.

Buy at your own risk, that's all my message is. Ain't no gaming card.
As I said, Nvidia are pushing the gaming side of the card.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3090/

I don't agree with the way you're saying it but due diligence is required when spending that amount of money on a graphics card.

Soldato
it looks like the Chinese leaks from the weekend were off by quite a margin (10% in some cases). :)
That or this random reddit poster is off by quite a margin compared to the Chinese leakers with the proven track record.

Also this guy has used DLSS for a number of tests so they're pretty worthless as most people paying over a grand for a GPU will want to use decent settings.

Soldato
That or this random reddit poster is off by quite a margin compared to the Chinese leakers with the proven track record.

Also this guy has used DLSS for a number of tests so they're pretty worthless as most people paying over a grand for a GPU will want to use decent settings.

But dlss is better than native

Associate
People need to stop getting sucked in to this world of I must have the newest tech now! Just wait it out , Pc games are not going any where , if anything pc games will run better in 3 or 4 months time when new drivers are released for them , I would like 3090 myself but I am not pre ordering one ill just wait until stock becomes available , if you go by past releases of next gen cards your looking at 3 -4 months before supply becomes stable. Come Jan everyone will be able to buy one mark my words, I defo wont be buying from oc ! Still can’t believe they get away with charging customers £20 for delivery in 2020 when I know for a fact it cost them know where near that to ship out cards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom