Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
No chance. That Black Opps engine cannot run warzone.

What is your reasoning? Its a variation of the same engine that IW use, and Treyarch's previous CoD BR Blackout ran OK.

They've already stated publicly the intention is to have Warzone coexisting as a link between future CoD titles some time ago.

Soldato
What is your reasoning? Its a variation of the same engine that IW use, and Treyarch's previous CoD BR Blackout ran OK.

They've already stated publicly the intention is to have Warzone coexisting as a link between future CoD titles some time ago.

Warzone runs on the same engine as current COD. BO will run on a different engine. Warzone will continue to exist on the COD engine and they are not linked at all. The character movement and guns including attachments are all different from COD

Basically if you unlock a gun or skin in BO that you can use in warzone it will have to be ported and created in that engine / environment.

Completely separate mechanism.

Soldato
I don't think that modern warzone will change too much for the launch of blops cold war, it'll continue to engage the F2P BR players as the classic cod lovers will buy blops.

Probably in 6 months, Cold Warzone will launch to keep the BR players onboard.

Associate
Warzone runs on the same engine as current COD. BO will run on a different engine. Warzone will continue to exist on the COD engine and they are not linked at all. The character movement and guns including attachments are all different from COD

Basically if you unlock a gun or skin in BO that you can use in warzone it will have to be ported and created in that engine / environment.

Completely separate mechanism.

They all use variants of the IW engine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

C64

C64

Soldato
The games dying a slow death big streamers have stopped playing it and people are only hanging on because there's no new BR game yet.

I uninstalled last night after the billionth time in a row people know where I am without audio clues.

When people install warzone it may as well come with a wallhack from blizzard at this point.

Soldato
The games dying a slow death big streamers have stopped playing it and people are only hanging on because there's no new BR game yet.

I uninstalled last night after the billionth time in a row people know where I am without audio clues.

When people install warzone it may as well come with a wallhack from blizzard at this point.

Ha ha because you uninstalled it's dying ?

Nope it's growing and growing

Associate

Ive recently used Dolby Atmos and Windows Sonic on my PC when playing MW. It is to my ears what putting my spectacles in front of my eyes is ... excellent for locating the enemy using sound. Maybe that’s what your enemy has been using.

Soldato
My mate has sound issues and can never hear people coming. Clearly an issue for some. But I have not experienced it. Normally people who don't know what they are doing or wrong drivers if you ask me :)

Soldato
Ive recently used Dolby Atmos and Windows Sonic on my PC when playing MW. It is to my ears what putting my spectacles in front of my eyes is ... excellent for locating the enemy using sound. Maybe that’s what your enemy has been using.
Same. I paid for Dolby Atomos for Headphones through Dolby access. It was a few quid and makes COD MW sound fantastic though AKG 702 headphones.

It sounded good anyway but much better with Atmos without being too 'virtually ott' Dolby headphone and Dolby Pro logic IIx sound way to artificial - sort of like everything was in a large cathedral or shouting accross the grand canyon :D

Dolby Atomos just makes it sounds a bit better in terms of positional audio like bullet fire and footsteps which makes it easier locate people / things, without it being to OTT. I often have teammates asking how I know exactly where supply caches are or where enemies are

Associate
Same. I paid for Dolby Atomos for Headphones through Dolby access. It was a few quid and makes COD MW sound fantastic though AKG 702 headphones.

It sounded good anyway but much better with Atmos without being too 'virtually ott' Dolby headphone and Dolby Pro logic IIx sound way to artificial - sort of like everything was in a large cathedral or shouting accross the grand canyon :D

Dolby Atomos just makes it sounds a bit better in terms of positional audio like bullet fire and footsteps which makes it easier locate people / things, without it being to OTT. I often have teammates asking how I know exactly where supply caches are or where enemies are

have you compared Dolby Atmos to the Windows Sonic?

Associate
I've not on PC, but have on Xbox via the free trial of Atmos. Atmos did a better job of positional audio. Sonic wasn't bad, but importantly its free. Give the trial a go to see if you think its worth £15.

I began my 7 day trial only to realise that I had issues with my sound drivers which took 6 of those 7 days to resolve so I didn’t get to spend as much time with the software as I would like to give a sound comparison between the two. If Atmos is on special again I’ll pick it up.

Soldato

I think I gave it a whirl after you mentioned it before. I ended up buying Atmod for headphones due to them having a 20% off sale last month. I like it!

Back
Top Bottom