PIR floodlight recommendations

Soldato
As title really, I'm looking for recommendations for some reliable PIR security / flood lights.

I currently have Luceco ones from Screwfix.

Now these are a great light that do exactly what I want, but they don't last. I've had 4 fail in the last 2 years. Seems like a driver problem as they'll come on, but only very dimly. Screwfix also do a range of LAP lamps, but some reviews also mention a short lifespan, 6-12 months in some cases.

So, any suggestions please for something similar. They don't need to be high powered (10-20W LED is fine for my small garden), I don't need any fancy features, just the usual LUX & adjustable time on if possible, but most of all I want something that's going to last.

Cheers.

Associate
I recently purchased a LEDVANCE branded one which I believe is a division of Osram. Incidentally, it was to replace a faulty Luceco (although it's sprang back into life again so I haven't changed it over yet).

Do you really need floodlights?

I have (after an old thread on here) small spotlights round the outsides of my garden, I have 11 x 4w LEDS and its clearly a light brigther at the end than 4x 500w halogens my parents have lighting a similar distance

My spots are just external grade with normal GU 20 leds in them, cost about £1 each when they go. I have had 3 fail now in 4/5 years. They are on a time and light timer, so they come on and go off a lot earlier in the summer than the winter. There is a black zone from 11.30pm - 5am (roughly) so as not to annoy the neighbours. (can override simply should I ever need to, other than a late night in the garden isnt really any need). Dark winter days they can come on as early as 3.30pm, and will stay on till 8ish in the morning (except the dark but in the middle of the night) so they do run a fair few hours. Summer then run probably 10ish to 11.30, I havent actually seen them on in the morning as I think its light enough by when they would switch on.

Soldato
OP
No, I don't really need floodlights, but since the wiring is in place for them, plus the special brackets I fabricated to have them pointing the right way, it makes sense to replace with something similar. Due to a large rear extension, the back of the garden is only around 7-8m from the house, so range isn't a problem.

Soldato
Just looking at a floodlight for the pond dig. I was looking for a good 50-100W IP6-768 AC mains light that could be attached to a wall or to a wood beam to illuminate an area of 4x4x2m. It looks like the Osram LEDadvance (IP65) or Endura (IP44) seem to be the main 'brand name' light.

I have a 400-800lm light rechargeable which is good for close in and tight spaces (8-4h battery life) but a 50W (5500lm) or a 100W (9000lm) would be good for the dig.

Back
Top Bottom