• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Soldato
I see AMD are starting to reel you all in. It may turn out to be a load of codswallop, hake news if you will. Plumbing the depths doesn't always mean you'll have a whale of a time. If you get cichlid of waiting remember Nvidia are no angel either ;)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If it's true that RDNA 2 is 60% increase performance per watt per CU.
:eek::eek:

That would put the 6700 on par with a 2080ti
6800 would be faster then a 3080
6900 would beat a 3090

This I can live with! :D

I think it puts good credence to why Jensen rushed it out and why they had to clock aggressively with high power + cooling as they wanted to be sure post RDNA release that they were in the same ball park.

Being able to counter with Ti/Super cards with more VRAM was a backup plan, which I think they are having to play due to the spies in the companies confirming its not a myth but likely to be a decent card.

Soldato
This I can live with! :D

I think it puts good credence to why Jensen rushed it out and why they had to clock aggressively with high power + cooling as they wanted to be sure post RDNA release that they were in the same ball park.

Being able to counter with Ti/Super cards with more VRAM was a backup plan, which I think they are having to play due to the spies in the companies confirming its not a myth but likely to be a decent card.

Yes, we really need a Ryzen moment to shake up the market with some rapid increases in power and competition to control pricing. Intel's presence will only help with that. I can see a rapid increase in ray tracing power over the next 5 years to the point where it will be standard rather than a nice to have feature. I'm hoping the rumoured MCM cards will kick that off.

Associate
Really hope we get something concrete from amd soon rather than these fishy leaks. NV really coming across as desperate now with more sponsored tosh.. 8k gaming anyone:p

Associate
And the 6900 is rumoured to be available at 499..
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7529...vi-21-gpu-with-16gb-could-cost-499/index.html
what are the chances that amd might have to rebrand Radeon like they had to do with Athlon :D

I see that as a worrying sign at the high end because why would AMD price a 3080 - 3090 competitor close to half the price of Nvidia, close to 5700 XT that doesn't add up to me

Mostly likely some confusion as to which AMD product that will be imho

Permabanned
If Big Navi can consistently match or get close to the RTX 3080 on release we are doing well. For me that'll be cool as it'll likely be a case of the card ageing better in upcoming games due to it's ties with the consoles gpu architecture, That said I fully expect that in the early days Nvidia will buy into the development of one or two big game titles so they can kneecap AMD performance in the same way they did when Fiji was chasing Maxwell & Rise of the Tomb Raider was getting close to it's PC release, Nvidia completely blindsided AMD with that one so hopefully AMD will be on the ball this time around to make sure it doesn't happen again, or at least not that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom