Whats going on?

Soldato
Had a read through the forum... Just cant find anything of worth!

I remember a new MMO coming out monthly, all flopped ofc!

Have we polluted the waters too much to be hopefully for the next Wow, CSS, BF2!

What are the OG's looking forward to?

Sods law, my kids are growing up and i have more and more time to play but cant find anything!

Star Citizen? Amazon new MMO?

Soldato
Serious Sam 4 gets my vote. Total old school shooter.

Not much tickles me nowadays. I mainly play Indies and some FIFA/PES.

I rarely play online... Online is a different world to what I remember, I think the fun for me was seeing all this stuff evolve. Having seen what it evolved into, I lost interest, the fun was in the chase.

BF2 (2005) was a thing of beauty, soo glad I was young enough to sit there idling the days away playing that game after work without a care in the world.

The death of public dedicated servers also killed off the community aspect which was one of the things I enjoyed the most. Piling into a server with mates at set times, just knowing everyone would be there. That is what I liked and that is no longer a "thing".

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nothing OP... absolutely nothing.

OCUK is the last bastion of what it should be and what it should have been.

Now its just a mess of micro transactions, leveling up is a full time job, dedicated servers are a thing of the past and mmo'S are trash due to all the idiots and streamers who think they know gameplay get upset about the holy trinity actually being fun.

Oh and cheating is now the norm....

Single player RPG, its gone full circle when no one wanted to play DnD with me at school

Caporegime
Nothing OP... absolutely nothing.

OCUK is the last bastion of what it should be and what it should have been.

Now its just a mess of micro transactions, leveling up is a full time job, dedicated servers are a thing of the past and mmo'S are trash due to all the idiots and streamers who think they know gameplay get upset about the holy trinity actually being fun.

Oh and cheating is now the norm....

Single player RPG, its gone full circle when no one wanted to play DnD with me at school

think age is finally catching up on you. :p

there is games out and coming which look fun. the key to it if you havent got bored of gaming in general and its normally people who are who say there isnt anything is find something new and different to the norm you play.

personally looking forward to black ops. people scream cheats at anything that moves but in the actual paid game of cod not seen hardly any since playing modern warfare and its been brilliant fun ! free warzone does have its cheats but what free game doesnt ? playing with people also makes a big difference only playing with yourself. sometimes playing even a crap game with mates is still lot of fun.

Man of Honour
Factiro >>>>>>> Satisfactory.

Factiro for gameplay.

Satisfactory for shiney graphics ;)

I used to be a Factorio man but Satisfactory has overtaken it for me. The ability to build in 3 dimensions just gives a wealth of possibilities which arent possible in Factorio. My dream would be that Factorio is remade in 3d to allow that same scope. Maybe Factorio 2 can do that

Associate
I've got a decade (or 2) of backlog to get through so plenty for me to play but tbh there are great games being released all the time, you just have to often look outside the AAA titles.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
think age is finally catching up on you. :p

there is games out and coming which look fun. the key to it if you havent got bored of gaming in general and its normally people who are who say there isnt anything is find something new and different to the norm you play.

personally looking forward to black ops. people scream cheats at anything that moves but in the actual paid game of cod not seen hardly any since playing modern warfare and its been brilliant fun ! free warzone does have its cheats but what free game doesnt ? playing with people also makes a big difference only playing with yourself. sometimes playing even a crap game with mates is still lot of fun.

I didn't really enjoy the warzone gameplay tbh, I preferred the simplicity and slower pace of PUBG, however warzone works so much better in terms of the game engine and the movement is great. The sound is how sound should be done. COD is well COD its like opening a tin of tuna its just tuna.

Too many ego`s and delicate little flowers on coms for me these days. Folk cant handle the shires way of doing things :)

Soldato
Had a read through the forum... Just cant find anything of worth!

I remember a new MMO coming out monthly, all flopped ofc!

Have we polluted the waters too much to be hopefully for the next Wow, CSS, BF2!

What are the OG's looking forward to?

Sods law, my kids are growing up and i have more and more time to play but cant find anything!

Star Citizen? Amazon new MMO?

Literally nothing. Maybe Cyberpunk. But that's it.

All the game IPs I used to love have gone down the drain and/or tailored for the new kids that want to run around like headless chickens with flashy skins.

Caporegime
I used to be a Factorio man but Satisfactory has overtaken it for me. The ability to build in 3 dimensions just gives a wealth of possibilities which arent possible in Factorio. My dream would be that Factorio is remade in 3d to allow that same scope. Maybe Factorio 2 can do that

Satisfactiry just doesn't have the depth for me, it's lacking something and it just feels a bit empty. Factiro pulls me in every damn time! Plus bots man, bots!!!!! Also spider mechs.

I'll probably go back once it's a full game though, for sure :) Trains etc were so buggy when I last played it. Plus it needs more elements of danger. It's basically just a sandbox at the moment.

Associate
Theres a few games on the horizon, maybe not your cup'o chai

1. Star Wars Squadrons
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Baldurs Gate 3
4. Assassins Creed Valhalla ( Kinda meh )

MMO's
1. New World
2. Ashes of Creation
3. Wow Expansion ( dont remember the name )
4. Dual Universe

Man of Honour
Wow, seems its just me being a grumpy old man!

Cheers for the replies! What a nightmare.... Would love to jump into a MMO man!
Prehaps its time to go back to the old trustworthy....

Arma 3!

MMOs are currently in a hibernation phase, whether or not the genre ever awakens again is a question of some doubt currently. Chronicles of Elyria died out, Pantheon is still in late Pre-Alpha, Ashes of Creation increasingly looks dubious to me and I fear that its "node" system is doomed to failure, Amazons New World is an MMO for people who have never played an MMO imo. WoW continues, somehow, to exist with another expansion, Shadowlands. Elder Scrolls Online soon releases yet another expansion which pretty much looks like the previous expansions...seriously I have never seen a game with so restricted a palette. They could make that game in monochrome and it wouldnt look much different. Guild Wars 2 has another expansion coming but is knocking on a bit, perhaps time for them to consider a Guild Wars 3?

Overall, I'd say the MMO market is on life support and needs another big hitter to come out but gaming has shifted a lot since the MMO golden era (1997-2005) and the focus today seems to be more on online shooters and small group online games (2-4 players)

Thankfully I lived through that golden era and have many great memories of it but after over 20 years I think the genre is suffering at the moment, we can but hope it recovers.

Soldato
MMOs are currently in a hibernation phase, whether or not the genre ever awakens again is a question of some doubt currently. Chronicles of Elyria died out, Pantheon is still in late Pre-Alpha, Ashes of Creation increasingly looks dubious to me and I fear that its "node" system is doomed to failure, Amazons New World is an MMO for people who have never played an MMO imo. WoW continues, somehow, to exist with another expansion, Shadowlands. Elder Scrolls Online soon releases yet another expansion which pretty much looks like the previous expansions...seriously I have never seen a game with so restricted a palette. They could make that game in monochrome and it wouldnt look much different. Guild Wars 2 has another expansion coming but is knocking on a bit, perhaps time for them to consider a Guild Wars 3?

Overall, I'd say the MMO market is on life support and needs another big hitter to come out but gaming has shifted a lot since the MMO golden era (1997-2005) and the focus today seems to be more on online shooters and small group online games (2-4 players)

Thankfully I lived through that golden era and have many great memories of it but after over 20 years I think the genre is suffering at the moment, we can but hope it recovers.

Maybe this is in line with the fact that the pace of life of so fast these days, who has time to sit down and sink the hours into an MMO like people used to?

I wish I had got into WoW back when it released, really feel like I missed something special in gaming history, was more of an FPS guy back then with CSS and BF2. Also glad I didn't as I feel it could have ruined my life :D

Man of Honour
Maybe this is in line with the fact that the pace of life of so fast these days, who has time to sit down and sink the hours into an MMO like people used to?

I wish I had got into WoW back when it released, really feel like I missed something special in gaming history, was more of an FPS guy back then with CSS and BF2. Also glad I didn't as I feel it could have ruined my life :D

Thats the thing, if you asked me which genre might gain the most from lockdowns and people not going out, I'd have said MMOs. Though I guess that would require some good MMOs to be around for people to get involved with. I think people still put in the hours on gaming, its just that now I think they jump around from game to game within that time rather than just play an MMO in it

Soldato
OP

Same the comment above, i missed out a bit of MMO... My first one was Age of Conan. That was such a great game, but what i didn't know at the time that the end content wasn't there!

Just supprises me how tech has advanced, there is clearly 100 times more money in gaming yet nobody is yet to pull the millions and millions in to month subscription like wow did.

Back
Top Bottom