2020/21 Sack Race

Caporegime
Moyes is going to walk. David Sullivan was just on talksport and some of the stuff he was saying was mind blowing. Moyes is absolutely stuffed.

Caporegime
What was being said?

Still shocked he gets roles. :o

He saying stuff like;

"I cannot say for sure we're going to sign anybody. As each day passes I get more depressed."

"Unfortunately the players the managers want we can’t get."

He also basically said he would have rather West Ham gone out last night as the next game is going to cost them £50k

Caporegime
I was saying the same thing when he was brought into Man United with all of the media hype, top calibre players want a top calibre manager it's not always just about the money. I think they hemorrhaged more quality players during his tenure than he brought in.

Soldato
In fairness to Ole Fergie was a bit rubbish for the first couple of years. His status came with time and he was able to grow the team out of a few key buys but mainly the academy. Ole may need to do the same provided the board (and fans) give him the time to do it.

I must agree with the current comments re Moyes. Things don't look great at WHU. I don't see Mourinho getting the boot just yet. If Bale fits in well and they keep winning he'll be ok I think. Ditto if Leicester keep winning Rodgers will be ok too. It's West Brom and Fulham who look most vulnerable and teams who get on a big losing streak tend to sack first, so either of Bilic or Parker could also join Moyes in the spotlight if they don't improve in the next few games.

Soldato
No Moyes at the weekend and West ham win convincingly. Interesting...

Also who have man city got coming up? Do we need to start worrying about Pep?

Caporegime
The results against the teams around them probably cost him his job.

Drew with Chelsea and City, lost to a last minute goal to Spurs and their two hammerings came after they had a man sent off while they were level with Everton and Palace.

Probably sacked after the City game to give Allardyce an easier start, not that I believe that actually exists this season.

Soldato
When you look at their early season run, you can see why they're not sitting pretty:

L Leicester (3rd)
L Everton (8th)
D Chelsea (5th)
L Southampton (4th)
D Burnley (17th)
D Brighton (16th)
L Fulham (18th)

L Tottenham (1st)
L Manchester Utd (9th)
W Sheffield Utd (20th)
L Crystal Palace (12th)
L Newcastle (13th)

D Manchester City (6th)

Out of that fixture list, they've maybe dropped 6 points that you'd not expect them to. They've played 7 of the current top 10.

In reality, I think the three games i've highlighted in bold are what's written him off, the two in italics were potentials to 'turn it around' that weren't capitalised on.

Soldato
If you are going to commit to sacking your manager though, now is the time to do it, enough games before January transfer window to learn the squad, see what you can change and identify the major problems you want to solve.

Soldato
OP
It's too easy for clubs to sack their managers. I think it would be better if there was a window pre January to allow clubs to change if results were poor, but it would also protect the manager and his backroom staff from being turfed out after a handful of games.

Caporegime
Bit bizarre to bin him off after a decent result away at City, the board expecting a win? Obviously it's a bigger picture thing, but if this result didn't matter why not bin him off before.

Back
Top Bottom