New BMW M4 & M3 reveal

Commissario
I think the grill is hideous too, but it works a lot better on the M3/M4 than the standard 4 series which we saw a few months ago.

Soldato
Annoyingly, it would look fantastic if they just got rid of the big grille, in my opinion.
I don't have the photoshop skills to do a mockup, but imagine the solid bumper extends right across (where the numberplate is), with the entire bottom portion remaining open as a lower grille, then just have the two classic BMW kidney grills above between the headlights, and I think it would look fine.

Soldato
I think with the M4 they’ve actually got a decent, muscular, aggressive look to the front. The bonnet bulges and grille work with the flared arches. Not sure how that’s going to carry over to your white 420d mind. Performance sounds incredible and the rest of the car (aside from the front grille) looks stunning.

Normal 4 series looks nothing like this. They are clearly differentiating the M cars now.

Soldato
Why does it not at least have an offset plate, Alfa Romeo style? Put all that effort into a massive grille then cover it up anyway!?

Also, neither are hybrid? BMW have lost the plot, they're not even trying anymore. Hard to believe the i3 & i8 came out in 2013/14 and since then they've just completely given up.

Soldato
The blacked out lower line, skirts etc make the whole car look really high up. It doesn’t have any stance or presence, even kept the horrid black plastic arch extensions.

Back
Top Bottom