Note 10 5G - Notch on the right had side?

Soldato
Hello All,

I'm sure this is a Android setting, but I can't find anything about it...I have a perfect small semi circle on the right hand side of my screen, doesn't show up via a screen shot so I've physically taken a picture with another phone (see below).

Anyone any idea what it is?

Soldato
You've got Edge panel turned on, I think. If you swipe the notch inwards, the edge panel will show itself, along with the option to turn it off.

Soldato
If you were to go through the trouble of a hard reset the "edge panel" wouldn't be running during the initial setup and that semi circle will show up nicely against the white background.

Soldato
OP
If you were to go through the trouble of a hard reset the "edge panel" wouldn't be running during the initial setup and that semi circle will show up nicely against the white background.

Hi, the edge panel is on the left hand side on my Note 10...looking like a fault...Phone is with Vodaphone (although I did purchase it through a 3rd party vendor - all correspondence are with Vodaphone, not sure if that makes a difference).

Should I send the phone back to Vodaphone for repair or direct with Samsung? (had it approx 11 months - 24 month contract - quick read indicates warranty is length of the contract with Vodaphone)

Soldato
Normally I would say Samsung but with Vodafone you might have a greater chance of them sending you a brand new device. I have nothing to back up this statement, just that VF might not have the parts, tools or skills to repair.

Does the Note 10 have a service mode, on some phones it's access via the phone dialer. From there you can run diagnostics, one of which will test the display.

Soldato
OP
"Does the Note 10 have a service mode, on some phones it's access via the phone dialer. From there you can run diagnostics, one of which will test the display.

Not that I'm aware of. Tried Vodafone online but it looks like it's down...might pop into a store and ask what my options are when I get time.

Associate
Take it to a samsung store, provided there are no knocks/bangs/cracks they will repair, usually the same day.

And with them you know you are getting genuine parts and all water resistance etc stays intact.

Soldato
OP
Just to update, contacted Samsung explained the issue (with a pic) and arranged a on the drive fix, all done via the phone info (no requirement for proof of purchase). Guy turned up, tried to tell me it was impact damage (it clearly wasn't), he spoke to his boss and then fixed it free of charge. Got to admit I'm impressed with the whole process...fixed in under an hour free of charge on my drive.

Cheers everyone.

Back
Top Bottom