• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Permabanned
I just have a vast array of rechargeable batteries for all our controllers and household items. Useful for lots of things, generally have about 10 spare AA batteries charged at any one time so can just swap them out and put on charge.

Soldato
Just picked up a Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable from the Microsoft Store. £19.99 free delivery.

Got a play and charge kit for my One X but thinking about it the cable is the micro USB so wont fit the new controllers.

Man of Honour
I've also ordered a couple of 'Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C ' from the MS site which are also being released on the 10/11. Can anyone recommend some wifi headphones for use with the X?

A few were posted further up. I'm still trying to decide. The Turtle Beach 600 Gen 2 seem like a reasonable spend. The ASTRO Gaming A50 look snazzy though.

Will they all connect OK?

Is there an official MS offering?

Just picked up a Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable from the Microsoft Store. £19.99 free delivery.

Got a play and charge kit for my One X but thinking about it the cable is the micro USB so wont fit the new controllers.

Same price on Amazon. I think you right about the cable, other people here have said the same.

Permabanned
A few were posted further up. I'm still trying to decide. The Turtle Beach 600 Gen 2 seem like a reasonable spend. The ASTRO Gaming A50 look snazzy though.

Will they all connect OK?

Is there an official MS offering?

Unless they have changed the Astro A50 suck. I had a pair a couple of years ago, crap.

Son has a pair of Steelseries Arctis 9x and they are excellent, worth looking at the Steelseries, plenty of options for various budgets.

Associate
Son has a pair of Steelseries Arctis 9x and they are excellent, worth looking at the Steelseries, plenty of options for various budgets.

Second this, I just switched to these after my Creative Labs died.
Super comfortable, all day battery and I often stick the dongle in my phone while cleaning and chill.

Oh it's the Arctis 1's I have not the 9x, still stand by them being awesome though.

Permabanned
never thought my A50 sucked. What makes you suggest yours did?

Well it was a few years ago and probably an older model (maybe even a few models ago) They didnt go very loud, battery was quite poor, fiddly micro usb charging, just didnt seem great for the price. Believe they were £100 but I cant remember.

They may well have improved a lot since.

Soldato
without scrolling back through to see I've just by chance gone on Smyths after the mess of yesterday and managed to order a series x on all access. Had issues yesterday when it was saying there was no stock available at the end of the order, including receiving a confirmation of direct debit email through.

Might not get it on the launch date but at least your name is on the list. As I posted yesterday when i spoke to a chap at smyths to see if my order went through he seemed very confident that there would be more stock releases that would come through for a launch delivery.

Hope it helps someone :)

Associate
Well it was a few years ago and probably an older model (maybe even a few models ago) They didnt go very loud, battery was quite poor, fiddly micro usb charging, just didnt seem great for the price. Believe they were £100 but I cant remember.

They may well have improved a lot since.
interesting, thanks for sharing. Agree with the micro usb comment but I've not experienced any of the other issues :)

Soldato
Last time I had an xbox was the Xbox 360, what do you do for voice comms these days? Do I have to buy something or does a cheapie headset come in the box?
They stopped including headsets a while back, pretty sure that will be the same here so you'll just get the console, controller, HDMI and power cables.

Soldato
Thanks. I'll be sure to let all the charity auctions I bought them for know that you approve.

I'm not sure if being dishonest on the part of a charity is actually worse. I'm sure the charities operate with I integrity which is something you clearly lack. Trying to make money off of folk wanting consoles for children's Christmas etc is a scummy thing to do. No ifs or buts

Back
Top Bottom