Project H1

Associate
Hey, nice work!

This has inspired me to do some modding of my own but don't have the case yet. Although, I'm expecting it this weekend.

Any chance you could send the dimensions of the detached glass panel and detached back panel (without mounting frame) so I could start designing some stuff in cad?

Hoping to get them 3d printed before the case comes! Cheers

Associate
OP
Looking very good indeed, would i be possible to go into a bit more depth on how you made the rear exhaust mount / brackets ?

Thanks

Thanks, you have to separate the 2 panels at the back, you have a frame and a perforated panel, they are attached together with industrial tape. You can use a very fine and sharp knife to slide between the two and get rid of the tape (there are pics of it in the previous pages). Once that is done, I created a 15mm spacer/frame with acrylic that I used to reattach back the panels using VHB tape, This gave me 15mm space to install 2 slim profile fans, you can use the same concept and add even more space, for normal fans you'd need at least 25mm.

Associate
OP
Hey, nice work!

This has inspired me to do some modding of my own but don't have the case yet. Although, I'm expecting it this weekend.

Any chance you could send the dimensions of the detached glass panel and detached back panel (without mounting frame) so I could start designing some stuff in cad?

Hoping to get them 3d printed before the case comes! Cheers

Hi sorry i missed this! dimension of the front panel: 370x170mm (glass), the rear panel has the same dimension but has a cut at the bottom for the cables to pass through, I don't have precise dimension for that

Associate
Hi sorry i missed this! dimension of the front panel: 370x170mm (glass), the rear panel has the same dimension but has a cut at the bottom for the cables to pass through, I don't have precise dimension for that

Cheers for that, I'm going to crack on with some designs now.

Associate
Thanks, you have to separate the 2 panels at the back, you have a frame and a perforated panel, they are attached together with industrial tape. You can use a very fine and sharp knife to slide between the two and get rid of the tape (there are pics of it in the previous pages). Once that is done, I created a 15mm spacer/frame with acrylic that I used to reattach back the panels using VHB tape, This gave me 15mm space to install 2 slim profile fans, you can use the same concept and add even more space, for normal fans you'd need at least 25mm.

Thanks for your reply. Ah right that makes total sense, i actually thought you made a new panel.

Thankyou.

Associate

This is great! I will do this once my H1 arrives, whenever that is.... is there any suggested material for a novice like me to use as a spacer?

Associate
OP
Sorry guys for not posting updates in so long, the covid situation delayed stuff a bit, I received MB and GPU from Asus that will complete this project!!

will update pictures next week, after that the case would be up for grab if anyone is interested! (Already modded)

This is great! I will do this once my H1 arrives, whenever that is.... is there any suggested material for a novice like me to use as a spacer?

acrylic for sure, is the easiest to use.

Associate
OP
Looks amazing!

I've wanted this case since it was released.

The next batch is due end of the month, but do I wait for a V2 with larger PSU and meshed front panel?

I haven't heard of a V2 coming out anytime soon, it's more likely that NZXT will sell those parts separately. If a V2 would come out, I would expect it in late 2021/2022

Associate
Hello all. I have uploaded to Thingiverse a 3D model of the front and rear panels of the NXZT H1 case, it may be usefull for modding and 3D printing.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4613215

By the other hand, I am really impressed after using some mods learned in this thread: I replaced the radiator fan by a Noctua NF-A14 PWM, and attached with ties to the outside of the rear panel two exhaust NF-A12x15 PWM.

CPU (Ryzen 9 3900X): temps dropped from >60ºC to 48ºC on iddle and from 87ºC to 74ºC under stress with Prime95.
GPU (GTX 1660 Super): temps dropped about 15ºC under the Furmark stress test, always staying below 73ºC.

Last edited:
Associate
HI
H1 owner here
is NF-A14 really worth it?
also how loud are those fans on the back.. aren't they to close to the metal? i imagine that being so close will create a lot of turbulence

Associate
Hi Chaos666. Definitely NF-A14 replacement is worth: more silent and more powerfull cooling than the stock fan.
The fans in the back I don't know about turbulence, but they were very silent and already improve the temperatures. I am planning a 3d-printed replacement to the back panel, something similar to this (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4565620), to include 2xNF-A14 fans and keep them inside the case.

Back
Top Bottom