• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
At first it seems like shoddy release but I wonder if they were planning on keeping everything secret and using the 10gb to force AMDs hand in some way?

Either way I'm going to hold on until Christmas before making my purchase now. Release my poor 980ti from it's dual 1440p nightmare.

Its a joke release until the 3070 appears in volume, i think this card could be a game changer if it hits 2080ti perf. on the nose. The 3060 is an unknown quantity but it could be an amazing piece of kit.

Just because the 3080 is 'decent' but a bad launch and the 3090 is also a bit of a joke, does not mean the whole generation is a failure - yet.

Associate
First 3090 video is up. 8K gaming is here.

One thing that stood out was the lack of need for any kind of AA at those settings, and I think that's maybe the future. There's so many bad AA options right now, the old school AA that took genuine sub-pixel samples to increase the data used in rendering the image died off with FXAA and has been dead since. I'd love to take an 8k panel like that and shrink that down to a decent sized 32-36" monitor and have a PPI so high that you can just leave AA well alone.

Associate
Was all ready on release day to buy a 3080, but now there is a huge wait iv’e talked myself out of getting any new card at all. I’m going to treat the HiFi to some new speakers instead, and pick up a cheap 2070s when one pops up, or maybe even just a 3060.

Associate

A quick look at the Strix PCB.

Someone posted these details in the comments.

Those controllers are twin MPS MP2888A, each capable of controlling up to 10 phases but here, configured at 9 phases which gives us 18 phases in total for Vcore an also there is another 4 phases for Vmem wich are controlled by an unknown controller located at top right of the pcb And also if you look closely there is another controller at top left side of the pcb which I assume is controlling PEX voltage or 1.8 volt (PEX is more reasonable) and fun fact about all four of those controllers is they are all digital (there is an i2c hookup point near each one of them) and can be controlled by Elmore EVC2 and also in the future if MSI use those controllers in lightning 3090,we will be able to control those controllers with msi afterburner and if we be lucky maybe even we can be able to control them with GPU tweake 3 which will be released soon And think it's better to change my name to Buildzoid 2.0
Show less

Associate
Was all ready on release day to buy a 3080, but now there is a huge wait iv’e talked myself out of getting any new card at all. I’m going to treat the HiFi to some new speakers instead, and pick up a cheap 2070s when one pops up, or maybe even just a 3060.

This, but i'm waiting for amd to deliver and see where the prices between the two are.

Nvidia shambles

Back
Top Bottom