• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Honestly the queue should prioritise UK customers above others, its totally unfair given we can't really order from US sites properly and would not expect to, that international customers are able to place 1000s of orders too, when your stocks are so low, you should prioritise UK and Irish customers first, not just someone from the other side of the world who ordered before us
Sort of agree. US has a large slice but hey fair game to all I suppose.

Associate
They were absolutely mistaken, MSI do not have 300 for whole of UK I suspect let alone a single reseller, deliveries are generally 10-50 units at a time.

Any further updates shall be posted in the sticky thread.

Don't want to sound bad but, does that mean that for people above the 500 mark in the queue it might take up to 3 months to get their cards delivered? if getting 50cards every 4th day or so?

Associate
Honestly the queue should prioritise UK customers above others, its totally unfair given we can't really order from US sites properly and would not expect to, that international customers are able to place 1000s of orders too, when your stocks are so low, you should prioritise UK and Irish customers first, not just someone from the other side of the world who ordered before us
No it shouldn't! it is a WORLD WIDE WEBSITE!
To be honest i would be pretty ****** too,
Out of pure interest just to satisfy my curiosity, how come you buy from the uk?
Because i had not other options new egg didnt even show a add to cart button, much more bots on US sites!

Associate
To be honest i would be pretty ****** too,
Out of pure interest just to satisfy my curiosity, how come you buy from the uk?

I think someone said further back in the thread that the time difference means that it means they could do it before work without trying all day, and it was a negligible difference in cost when all was said and done

Associate

This, I order from Ireland and deal with the Pound to Euro exchange because there's no trustworthy source in Ireland and ordering from France/Germany while would not involve a currency exchange, would still be more of a wildcard.

OcUK Staff
OP
WOWWWWW OCUK very disappointing to hear your canceling USA orders! that is unfair, first you take our money with little to no GPUs in stock and make us wait this long to cancel!

Sorry maybe my post was poorly worded.

Only USA orders cancelled are those that have requested, any USA/European orders placed at 3080 launch are still valid, so no need to worry if your waiting.

We are now though moving forward limiting future orders to UK/Ireland ONLY, as when NVIDIA and a board partner allocates us stock we only get UK allocation and we are not winning additional allocation because we ship globally unfortunately and hence we want to prioritise our local (UK/Ireland) customers whilst the product is in severe constraint.

Associate
To be frank if you're ordering from a retailer on another continent you've got to half expect that if there's a big shortage you've got less of a chance of getting one. Chancers.

Europe is not another continent ..
I'm outside the UK and my order hasn't been cancelled yet... After a week of waiting I won't be happy if it happens... :rolleyes:

I'm not in the US or Europe though so... Who knows

I hope we will be informed soon at least and to have the option to ship to a UK address while keeping our queue position.

Associate
Don't want to sound bad but, does that mean that for people above the 500 mark in the queue it might take up to 3 months to get their cards delivered? if getting 50cards every 4th day or so?

I think the consensus is production numbers will go up quite a lot in October, after <Asian holiday which I can't remember the name of> in the first week of October

Soldato
It just seems to get more grim each day lol,
Im starting to think October might be wishful thinking even with a 14:33 order,
Hopefully AMD are better prepared,
Might have to go to team red for the first time if they actually have their card available at launch and its as good as expected,
Nvidia, what were they thinking with this launch.....
I suspect the scarcity is in part and probably a large part due to the world situation at present which will affect all vendors.

Associate
Sorry maybe my post was poorly worded.

Only USA orders cancelled are those that have requested, any USA/European orders placed at 3080 launch are still valid, so no need to worry if your waiting.

We are now though moving forward limiting future orders to UK/Ireland ONLY, as when NVIDIA and a board partner allocates us stock we only get UK allocation and we are not winning additional allocation because we ship globally unfortunately and hence we want to prioritise our local (UK/Ireland) customers whilst the product is in severe constraint.

I think that's a smart decision and makes sense, also I appreciate you being forthcoming about the levels of stock you are getting in regarding MSI.

However I do wish to ask you (with full transparency on your part here) realistically, how long are TUF customers past the 1000+ mark going to be waiting for a card? An honest guesstimate would be appreciated.

Associate
US and EU customers can **** off.

I think that's a smart decision and makes sense, also I appreciate you being forthcoming about the levels of stock you are getting in regarding MSI.

However I do wish to ask you (with full transparency on your part here) realistically, how long are TUF customers past the 1000+ mark going to be waiting for a card? An honest guesstimate would be appreciated.

Also interested in the TUF. Sitting at 2000+ ... Am I getting one before Christmas? I'm not hopeful.

Associate
It just seems to get more grim each day lol,
Im starting to think October might be wishful thinking even with a 14:33 order,
Hopefully AMD are better prepared,
Might have to go to team red for the first time if they actually have their card available at launch and its as good as expected,
Nvidia, what were they thinking with this launch.....
Nvidia is preparing to launch a new set of cards, when they just barely paper launched the first set of cards... they are so pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom