**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Is the S20+ Exynos Chip really as bad as i read?

I'm looking to change my S9+ and normally i would grab the equivalent new Samsung S*+ but all i read is trashing of the S20. I'm not a "power user" I use my phone for browsing the internet, youtube and listening to music so really would i notice any difference compared to the snapdragon chip? I charge my phone maybe once every day/ day and a half at the moment

Soldato
I have an exynos chip on my S20+ and it gets me through a full day. I even run on 120hz screen mode and display quite high up as I am blind as a bat. I guess it's longevity of it as in let me tell you in 6 more months if I can last a day is the better question.

Soldato
The FE looks like a solid device. I’d prefer 8gb to 6gb and thinner borders. Add those to complement the (now available) option of an SD 865 on the 5G models and it would be an excellent buy.

Associate
They had me at flat screen to be honest. That being said I'm not sure about Gorilla Glass 3. When was that last featured on a flagship? I wasn't even all that enamoured with the GG5 on my S10e.
I've seen some sources saying its GG5, only GSMArena that seems to think its 3, and they've got some other inaccuracies too.

I reckon I'll stick in a preorder, it honestly seems like it's exactly what I'd want now that the battery in my Note9 is getting a bit weary being a similar size with better specs. £100 off for any phone trade in too so can get rid of an ancient Android I have sat in the drawer and keep my Note as a spare.

Soldato
S20 FE does look good indeed to be fair. Other than the samsung software it ticks all the boxes on my want list.
Do samsung now gaurantee 3 years of OS updates too?

Associate
They do, 3 years of OS updates for all S line phones starting with the S10 family, so this S20 FE wil get to Android 13 at least.

I've decided to order one as an upgrade to my Note9. I always have the screen set to 1080p and don't need a stylus in honesty, so a 5G phone with an SD865, wireless charging, 120hz screen and £100 off for trading in an old Oneplus One? Seems fair enough. The free gifts are something I'd likely make use of too (Bluetooth controller and 3 months Game Pass Ultimate, especially so as I'm getting a new xbox on release), and cashback on top hopefully takes the 'effective' price down to ~550

Soldato
That S20 FE looks even more tempting when i trade in my S10e. Brings the 5G down to £449, or the 4G to £349.

My only gripe. The size!

Trade in an old, decrepit Android from your sock drawer for a hundred quid off and then sell your S10e to a recycler for £270, bringing the 5G down to £329 :p

Back
Top Bottom