Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
how much Bilt Hamber autofoam do you use ?

it says on the website 1:100 or 5:100

ive read some reviews etc and noticed people are putting 150ml - 250ml into a 1L bottle for a Lance (i guess because of what pressure your lance is?)

but if you work it out, its only 10ml @ 1000 ml bottle ?

Soldato
how much Bilt Hamber autofoam do you use ?

it says on the website 1:100 or 5:100

ive read some reviews etc and noticed people are putting 150ml - 250ml into a 1L bottle for a Lance (i guess because of what pressure your lance is?)

but if you work it out, its only 10ml @ 1000 ml bottle ?

That's what? 1:100 for the 1L bottle. What about the water coming out the pressure washer? You need to figure out the rate your pressure washer spits water out, then include that in your calculation.

Associate
Hi gents,

Request for a bit of advise.

Mrs Shawrey is swapping her 59 plate Fiat 500 for her parents 11 plate VW Passat for nothing so we can have a bigger 'family' car. They have smoked quite heavily in it and being a non-smoker I absolutely detest the smell it leaves in cars.

Any solid tips for getting rid of this ourselves without resorting to expensive valet options? I have access to a Karcher Professional Carpet washer which I will be using on the upholstery and carpets which I am hoping should get rid of most of the smells but what about vents and A/C?

Also, anything else I should be doing/looking out for?

TIA

Shawrey

Soldato
Hi gents,

Request for a bit of advise.

Mrs Shawrey is swapping her 59 plate Fiat 500 for her parents 11 plate VW Passat for nothing so we can have a bigger 'family' car. They have smoked quite heavily in it and being a non-smoker I absolutely detest the smell it leaves in cars.

Any solid tips for getting rid of this ourselves without resorting to expensive valet options? I have access to a Karcher Professional Carpet washer which I will be using on the upholstery and carpets which I am hoping should get rid of most of the smells but what about vents and A/C?

Also, anything else I should be doing/looking out for?

TIA

Shawrey

This will take a LOT of effort. My car was a smoker car, I had to wetvac and extract the seats and carpets, steam clean the headlining, remove all plastics (a, b, c pillars, seatbelt pillars, door panels, parts of the dash, boot trim etc) and clean behind them, several odour bombs with replacement car filters. Even after all that it still smelled a bit, so I resorted to whipping out the blower motor and vents to steam everything in there, and then I replaced the headlining.

Ozone generators are fantastic and will be recommended, but if you dont remove the staining present in the seats, carpets, and behind all plastics it will only be temporary.

Underboss
i can see why you all recommend BH Auto Foam

Watched a video on YT yesterday, very detailed , he used 20 different snow foams, and went into detail what does what including how good it cleans, and how abrasive to metal they are and cost per wash etc etc

its over a year old, so prices are not accurate, but you get the idea

worth a watch to anyone who wants to know which Snow foam and why

Soldato
It's been a while since I popped ITT but I came in to say that I've just bought an Autobright Direct snow foam lance for my Nilfisk C125 and the difference between it and the cheap Chinese knock-off I got from Amazon is like night and day.

I'm sure that won't come as a massive surprise to many of you.

I was just reluctant to spend another £40 on top of the cost of the C125 when I bought it. I was doubtful that there would be much difference between the two and thought I'd save myself £20… the old adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' couldn't be more apt in this instance.

Now that I've got a lance that produces good foam, I'm going to watch the video @ShiWarrior posted to see what foam to buy when my AD Magifoam runs out. :D

Underboss
It's been a while since I popped ITT but I came in to say that I've just bought an Autobright Direct snow foam lance for my Nilfisk C125 and the difference between it and the cheap Chinese knock-off I got from Amazon is like night and day.

I'm sure that won't come as a massive surprise to many of you.

I was just reluctant to spend another £40 on top of the cost of the C125 when I bought it. I was doubtful that there would be much difference between the two and thought I'd save myself £20… the old adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' couldn't be more apt in this instance.

Now that I've got a lance that produces good foam, I'm going to watch the video @ShiWarrior posted to see what foam to buy when my AD Magifoam runs out. :D

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam
no others come close

its an interesting video, you will see why you will only use that

Transmission breaker
Don
AG interior shampoo doing the business for me, love this stuff:
750irooflining1.jpg

To this:
750irooflining9.jpg

Soldato
Given a pressure washer is fine in the engine bay, I imagine the pee-levels of pressure from a Hydroshot will also be perfectly fine
Personally I just use a hose, degreaser and brush should do most of the work. Multiple passes then a cloth to wipe off any excess. Followed by dressing

no idea on the pressure of a hydro shot

Soldato
Just disconnect battery, and if you're mega paranoid cover the alternator. The key is to keep the pressure washer moving and use it only for rinsing away the dirt. If you're trying to use it to blast away grime then you're using the wrong degreaser. Your cleaning agents should be breaking the dirt down, the water is just there to carry it away.

If my 27 year old engine bay with distributor, king coil, and dozens of other sensors just chilling unprotected in the open air can manage multiple pressure washings then anything can. There's so much scaremongering around cleaning engine bays, its ridiculous.

Soldato
Just disconnect battery, and if you're mega paranoid cover the alternator. The key is to keep the pressure washer moving and use it only for rinsing away the dirt. If you're trying to use it to blast away grime then you're using the wrong degreaser. Your cleaning agents should be breaking the dirt down, the water is just there to carry it away.

If my 27 year old engine bay with distributor, king coil, and dozens of other sensors just chilling unprotected in the open air can manage multiple pressure washings then anything can. There's so much scaremongering around cleaning engine bays, its ridiculous.

Until my "valeter" mate did my S4 engine bay. 3 coils down. £60 a pop at that time. Worst bit was, 3 months later they recalled them and did the other 5 FOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom