• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 DOA - RMA - Expectations

Associate
*** Update 14-09 ***

I escalated my query with a manager and thankfully OcUK have sorted the problem and I'm very relieved with the eventual outcome. I believe delivering excellent customer service is still high on OcUKs agenda but I guess they have been overwhelmed the last few days - as you can imagine.

I will obviously still need to wait as stock is scarce, but I won't have to wait from the back of the queue. Thank you OcUK.

Hello All,

I've been holding off posting on here as you can imagine I've been climbing the walls and wanted OCUK to receive the RMA and advise on next steps.

Yes, I was lucky enough to receive an MSI 3080 Ventus OC. I was UNLUCKY it was DOA.

I appreciate the exceptional current situation Re. demand and simply no stock, but what if you had to send your card back RMA. Would you expect to receive the replacement card on next stock allocation or would you expect to be placed to the back of the queue, basically rendering your launch day order useless and may as well of placed an order 7 days later....

I appreciate, those that are in a queue waiting allocation on the face of it wouldn't WANT to see that happen, but place yourself in the customers position and what would be the right thing to do?

I'm just looking for opinions, or anybody familiar with the RMA small print/legal obligations.

Out of interest, has anyone else experienced any RMA on the 3080s?

T

Last edited:
Soldato
Raise the ticket - would hope that OCUK delay by one in the queue otherwise it'll be even worse waiting for months just to get a dead card replaced. It'll make the launch look even worse.

Feel for ya.

Soldato
You could ask for a different card (when in stock) but I'd guess you'd be first on the list when they have stock. your inside your 14 days, so you could ask for a refund too. Not sure you would get a card quicker tho.

Associate
OP
Appreciate the responses, I've been in touch with OcUK and still in discussions.. hoping to clarify but already more than miffed I've got to keep jumping through hoops to try and salvage a card. I got the card on release day at £640. Of course, I'm being told I can get a refund but that won't benefit me..

As above what is up with the card? That is more interesting that it being DOA, for me anyhow.
What's the rest of your system specs? Also namely what make/model PSU are you using?

Very odd that it's DOA...

Simply wouldn't post. Proper dead. 1000w PSU. Tried with other PSU, different Rig, tried everything. Interesting point to note though.... are the boxes supposed to be sealed at all??
I was wondering whether there have been many other cases with the same.

Associate
You need to send it back to the retailer via their RMA process. I'd imagine they will treat you well and allocate a new GPU once they've confirmed its a DOA i.e. not having to go to the back of the queue, you'll have to ask.

Associate
OP
You need to send it back to the retailer via their RMA process. I'd imagine they will treat you well and allocate a new GPU once they've confirmed its a DOA i.e. not having to go to the back of the queue, you'll have to ask.

Card already sent and received. This is the problem, I'm being told that the replacement is being treated as a new order, and will therefore now be placed at the back of the back log! :(

Associate
Hello All,

I've been holding off posting on here as you can imagine I've been climbing the walls and wanted OCUK to receive the RMA and advise on next steps.

Yes, I was lucky enough to receive an MSI 3080 Ventus OC. I was UNLUCKY it was DOA.

I appreciate the exceptional current situation Re. demand and simply no stock, but what if you had to send your card back RMA. Would you expect to receive the replacement card on next stock allocation or would you expect to be placed to the back of the queue, basically rendering your launch day order useless and may as well of placed an order 7 days later....

I appreciate, those that are in a queue waiting allocation on the face of it wouldn't WANT to see that happen, but place yourself in the customers position and what would be the right thing to do?

I'm just looking for opinions, or anybody familiar with the RMA small print/legal obligations.

Out of interest, has anyone else experienced any RMA on the 3080s?

T
Ouch, I really feel for you.

IMO you shouldn't find yourself right at the back, but never had to RMA so far.

Best of luck!

Associate
OP
I understand the exceptional circumstances with the **** up from Nvidia and manufacturers, but surely we'd hope the retailers would have the capacity to act accordingly and amend the "normally efficient" process of RMA/replacement items in an everyday stock available situation to equally create an exception to the rule when the end result would mean the above :(

Soldato
Card already sent and received. This is the problem, I'm being told that the replacement is being treated as a new order, and will therefore now be placed at the back of the back log! :(

Ah so it’s already sent back to OcUK?

When you say 1000w PSU... looking at your posts was it your 10 year old one Antec one?

Tbh that was a fairy decent PSU back in the day. But wonder if it’s age had crippled its ability over years maybe? Or you genuinely have been unlucky and it was truly DOA!

Guess you’ll see when replacement arrives if it’s the same or not... But I would be asking OcUK to be put to front or have some preferred treatment with the wait times especially on cards like MSI the queue will be huge.

Soldato

When you say 1000w PSU... looking at your posts was it your 10 year old one Antec one?

Tbh that was a fairy decent PSU back in the day. But wonder if it’s age had crippled its ability over years maybe? Or you genuinely have been unlucky and it was truly DOA!

Guess you’ll see when replacement arrives if it’s the same or not... But I would be asking OcUK to be put to front or have some preferred treatment with the wait times especially on cards like MSI the queue will be huge.

Well he did say he'd tried the card in another PC and a different PSU, so looks like a duff card.

Associate
OP

I've tried it with an EVGA 750w PSU too in another rig (both currently running 1080tis), and unfortunately exactly the same. The PSU was first thoughts.. but I'm afraid no cigar :(
I'm really hoping they will change their default response and accommodate... I've had to escalate

Back
Top Bottom