• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 DOA - RMA - Expectations

Soldato
If they’re adamant you’ll go to the back of the queue then get a refund and take your custom elsewhere. The only way we can stop shoddy practices is by individually voting with our wallets.

Why? There’s zero stock anywhere and OcUK amongst everyone else has hiked the prices up since.

I’d just push for a queue jump. If I was behind him in the queue I wouldn’t mind at all for someone who just had a DOA card.

Permabanned
Card already sent and received. This is the problem, I'm being told that the replacement is being treated as a new order, and will therefore now be placed at the back of the back log! :(
O **** no card till 2021.... You could try contacting MSI and see what they say. They actually called me from TAIWAN when i reported problems with 3rd x99 motherboard never expected taht to happen !!! 4th one was from fresh revision straight off the production line and it was fixt up !!!

Associate
OP
I assume old gpu works and boots ?? Maybe try some mates PC just to be sure.

Yeah as said previously, tried in another rig with an EVGA 750w. Old GPU still works! :)

O **** no card till 2021.... You could try contacting MSI and see what they say. They actually called me from TAIWAN when i reported problems with 3rd x99 motherboard never expected taht to happen !!! 4th one was from fresh revision straight off the production line and it was fixt up !!!

I did look into the MSI support, and they state that in the first year it has to be taken up with the reseller. You'd hope that the RMA via OcUK could go direct to MSI and have a replacement sent from them.. but I'm not about to second guess their process. :(

Associate
OP
Yeah id be getting a refund too, as could be waiting till at least next spring.

Why? There’s zero stock anywhere and OcUK amongst everyone else has hiked the prices up since.

I’d just push for a queue jump. If I was behind him in the queue I wouldn’t mind at all for someone who just had a DOA card.

Exactly Sparx.. refund would not benefit me at all.. even if it is what they want

Associate
Yikes, that doesn't bode well. I've not seen too many reports of DOA cards here but with the issues that two users reported with their Zotac cards, I'm less confident about what I have ordered. Like others have said, try MSI; OCUK are up to their ears in it at the minute and won't be of much help.

Soldato
I've tried it with an EVGA 750w PSU too in another rig (both currently running 1080tis), and unfortunately exactly the same. The PSU was first thoughts.. but I'm afraid no cigar :(
I'm really hoping they will change their default response and accommodate... I've had to escalate

Did you check the 12v going into the card via the PCI-E connectors, was the card actually trying to draw power, and was it detected in the BIOS? Use on-board GPU if needs be to find out.

Associate
OP
Yikes, that doesn't bode well. I've not seen too many reports of DOA cards here but with the issues that two users reported with their Zotac cards, I'm less confident about what I have ordered. Like others have said, try MSI; OCUK are up to their ears in it at the minute and won't be of much help.

I'm afraid I've already looked at the MSI route and the policy is within the first year it has to be handled with the reseller.

Did you check the 12v going into the card via the PCI-E connectors, was the card actually trying to draw power, and was it detected in the BIOS? Use on-board GPU if needs be to find out.

Didn't go into tracing power, but as I stated previously, it was replacing a 1080ti and I checked it in another rig with EVGA 750w PSU. Exactly the same.
OcUK have already issued a replacement order so I'd imagine they confirm it was DOA. Problem is the order is at the back of the back log...

Soldato
My own personal feeling is you shouldn't be put to the back of the queue, you should get a replacement when new stock comes in. That's the decent thing to do, I'm surprised ocuk aren't doing that for you :confused:

Soldato
Didn't go into tracing power, but as I stated previously, it was replacing a 1080ti and I checked it in another rig with EVGA 750w PSU. Exactly the same.

Yes, as I said it was for my own curiosity and I just wondered what you had found. GL getting your replacement , hopefully you'll be at the front of the queue as receiving a fault card is not your fault.

Soldato
You need to send it back to the retailer via their RMA process. I'd imagine they will treat you well and allocate a new GPU once they've confirmed its a DOA i.e. not having to go to the back of the queue, you'll have to ask.

MSI rep on here.. get them tondo their job ! Failed card on arrival . Yes it's a brand new limited stock, but sweet voucher or smooth talking . Indeed it's reseller that does RMA, sometimes Vendor but they should be able to step in on your behalf ....

Soldato
Yeah, I feel a DOA card should definitely replaced at front of queue.

Yep that's what happened with my 2080ti when it died, I got pushed to the front of the queue at ASUS and got a replacement in one day vs the many weeks it would have taken if I was at the back again

Back
Top Bottom