No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Soldato
Recently started playing this again but in VR and am blown away by how different it feels. I may get bored of it again but so far it feels like a totally different game.

Soldato
I still found that the case. I'm a total newcomer, tried it on Game Pass for a couple of hours. It seems very much like those sandbox games where you can do what you want but I am not into them. I got to a second planet and was told to look for copper. Found some, mined it but it wasn't enough and I couldn't see any further deposits. Patience wore out and I uninstalled.

You have similar patience to me in other games it seems :D

The pair of you shouldn't be playing games at all if that's your patience level :p:D. Takes 1 minute to scan the planet to find the next copper node and fly to it ic1male :rolleyes::p

Associate
forgot all about this being VR until my friend joined my game using it, it's funny from the perspective of watching some 1 in VR the hand movements are crazy

Soldato
My only wish is that the planets you visit and then leave still remember what they where like, e.g. they are no longer procdeduarly generated and either the seed is recorded or the state of the world is recorded... early versions upon returning to the world you just left where different in terms of placement of important stuff... If this is fixed, along with all the other updates, it would certainly be like it was sold prior to their flood loss... either way looking forward to picking this back up!

Soldato
They keep bringing me back to this game. Don't think there are any others I will happily go back to and start a new game each time.
They'd already made it great, but this new update looks awesome.

Man of Honour
My only wish is that the planets you visit and then leave still remember what they where like, e.g. they are no longer procdeduarly generated and either the seed is recorded or the state of the world is recorded... early versions upon returning to the world you just left where different in terms of placement of important stuff... If this is fixed, along with all the other updates, it would certainly be like it was sold prior to their flood loss... either way looking forward to picking this back up!

Yeah that is a lot of what kills the game for me - not sure if it is still the same but just taking off flying up a little and coming back down again and where you just were is completely unrecognisable. Instantly took away much of what I might enjoy about the game.

Soldato
That Origins update seems very impressive. I used to rely on a load of mods to bring some planet diversity, hopefully this update will do that. Not played this for some time, since the Atlas update iirc, but I am always impressed at how much love and care they have thrown at this game since the rather disastrous launch. Credit where it is due.

I'll probably go back and start a new game, and that will mean carrying on playing without much of a clue of what I'm doing in the MQ, if there is one, or the seeming multitude of side missions, but heck I enjoyed just building bases and planet hopping.

Back
Top Bottom