• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 DOA - RMA - Expectations

Associate
This isn't what I want to hear. Your replacement should be back at the front of the queue if it's DOA! Needs to be replaced ASAP. Can't believe they even said you'll be at the back of the queue :( There was a lad on here today saying his order was cancelled accidentally by OCUK and he had to do a fresh order putting him at the back of the queue. They said they'll move his queue position on his new order, to where he was on his original order so it can be done. I would have thought they would have done it for you automatically to be honest unless they just want you to cancel because you got it a lower price and they can sell it for more. Heard good things about OCUK though so hopefully they sort you out, good luck.

Soldato
OCUK 'brilliant' customer service strikes again. Shocking stuff, kick up a massive fuss. I'd go elsewhere in a shot but with the lack of availability, if you really want it now then make it happen.

Associate
Card already sent and received. This is the problem, I'm being told that the replacement is being treated as a new order, and will therefore now be placed at the back of the back log! :(
ouch that's not ok, I'd request a like for like replacement if they can't replace your GPU model... however OcUK are within their rights to refund you the money but yeah that's a rough outcome see if the MSI rep can help you out

Associate
Yeah p*** poor from OCUK, they should bump you to the top of the queue, but looks like they would rather sell your card to someone else at inflated prices. In which case, ask for a refund to the amount of the replacement (£719), citing exchange rates and brexit :rolleyes:

The more I read the more I'm disappointed with OCUK. I did think they were excellent, but this whole price gouge exercise has seriously made me think I will just buy from whoever is cheapest going forward, as customer service was the main reason I didn't mind spending the extra. Really, if they have one of the largest buying power in the UK scene, there's no reason they shouldn't have the best customer service and be the cheapest place to buy from (as opposed to consistently being generally the most expensive!).

Associate
Yeah the customer shouldn;t have to wait at the back of the queue for a card they have already received and is DOA, if that's the case thats **** poor service.

Associate
End of the day i would want front of queue or money back full stop ....This is like walking in a shop with a return handing it in , than being told , can u go to the back of the queue please for your new item please , would never happen ......

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the responses, encouraging to see it's not just me thinking that way... I'll wait and see what I hear from OcUK today.
Perhaps MSI or the MSI rep could send me a 3090 variant to make up for the inconvenience?! :)

Soldato
Sorry to derail slightly. I have a Zotac pre-ordered and I'm a little worried about the quality control. What's the deal with dealing with warranty issues? Will OCUK deal with warranty issues or is it fobbed off onto the manufacturer after 14 days? I realise if there is an issue there's little chance of getting a replacement card but having to ship it off to wherever the manufacturer is based sounds like a pain.

Associate
OP
Sorry to derail slightly. I have a Zotac pre-ordered and I'm a little worried about the quality control. What's the deal with dealing with warranty issues? Will OCUK deal with warranty issues or is it fobbed off onto the manufacturer after 14 days? I realise if there is an issue there's little chance of getting a replacement card but having to ship it off to wherever the manufacturer is based sounds like a pain.

I think it depends on the card manufacturer, MSI's policy is that if it's a problem in the 1st year it's to be raised with the seller - so I'm unable to deal direct with MSI. I'm not sure what the process is for OcUK, but I've been told they have treated my replacement as a new order and placed me to the back of the queue when they received the card, 7 days after launch day :|

Soldato
Yeah p*** poor from OCUK, they should bump you to the top of the queue, but looks like they would rather sell your card to someone else at inflated prices. In which case, ask for a refund to the amount of the replacement (£719), citing exchange rates and brexit :rolleyes:

The more I read the more I'm disappointed with OCUK. I did think they were excellent, but this whole price gouge exercise has seriously made me think I will just buy from whoever is cheapest going forward, as customer service was the main reason I didn't mind spending the extra. Really, if they have one of the largest buying power in the UK scene, there's no reason they shouldn't have the best customer service and be the cheapest place to buy from (as opposed to consistently being generally the most expensive!).

I usually just buy from the cheapest and it's hardly ever ocuk. They get it cheaper for buying more and then sell it on for more. Double greed :D

Soldato
I'm in the queue (not for that card) and definitely feel this case should be pushed to the front of the queue. Being penalised by being put to the back of the queue for a DOA card is just insult on top of injury. I'd be fuming if that happened to me.

Associate
So what any good company and inventory system does is this.

75% stock
25% RMA pool

customer gets a faulty card, returned and card taken from pool.

if you are being asked to re-queue, vote with your wallet ultimately.

Associate
Agree with everyone that it simply isn't right to be pushed to the back of the queue in this case. Surprised there has been no response to the thread by one of the active OcUK team to help resolve.

Not a 'good look' for OcUK and supposed excellent customer service...

Back
Top Bottom