• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Same happened to mine and my brothers. luckily I had kept my amazon order as a backup in case anything got cancelled!

Really quite amazed that Microsoft chose two of the most inept retailers in the UK as partners for All Access... :rolleyes:

If the issue is lack of launch day stock, I'd sooner have just waited for the next batch.

Soldato
Soooo, on launch day, lets say GP is setup etc, what 'next gen' games are actually available to play day 1?

The Medium is the only "next gen" title on Xbox from release day. Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, and Sea of Thieves will receive big upgrades on launch day though. And then there are the cross-gen games like Valhalla (not on Game Pass).

Soldato
The Medium.

Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, and Sea of Thieves are receiving big upgrades on launch day.

And then there are the cross-gen games like Valhalla.

I was unaware that Forza was getting an upgrade so that's cool. I thought Valhalla was a game you have to buy separate though?

Associate
Smyths cancelled my order :mad: No explanation or apology. Just dumped my order and cancelled my All Access agreement.

I think they're cancelling orders from yesterday so the people who ordered first on Tuesday and had everything go haywire can re-order again.

Soldato
I was unaware that Forza was getting an upgrade so that's cool. I thought Valhalla was a game you have to buy separate though?

Yeah, Valhalla isn't on Game Pass. I did a quick edit.

I forgot Gears Tactics. That's getting released on Xbox for Series XS launch.

Soldato
Ended up going for an Xbox Series S, it looks like great value at 249.99.

Xbox's Bethesda acquisition made me think Xbox are really serious this gen.

The amount of tech you get for 249 is crazy. Hopefully MS keep my pre order (Ordered direct from Microsoft)

Caporegime
Not sure im even going to bother buying a game for this on 10th November. Might just play gamepass stuff :p

Might find it hard to resist Cyberpunk though....hipefully sainsburys will do a nectar double up so i can pick that up free.

Caporegime
Really quite amazed that Microsoft chose two of the most inept retailers in the UK as partners for All Access... :rolleyes:

If the issue is lack of launch day stock, I'd sooner have just waited for the next batch.
Yep this is my biggest issue with the shambolic pre orders. The fact that somehow Microsoft even considered Game of all places to do the monthly option is beyond the realms of stupidity. I mean ffs their website crashed within minutes of the pre orders going live lol.
I know Sony got a lot of hate for their shambolic pre orders but Microsoft deservedly should get raked over the coals for their utter stupidity in just allowing Game and Smyths to do the monthly option.

Associate
So MS are meant to ignore the country's biggest "Game " shop? Smyths toys, in my experience, have always been superb whether it be for toys for the kids or console stuffs.

What websites didn't crash? Even the mighty Amazon had problems.

Soldato
Sent a snotty email to make me feel better:p

Going by Twitter, it looks like your email will be far from the only one they receive.

I'm not really getting it. If they sold over their allocation, that should be easy to sort. Fulfill the orders on a "first come, first served" basis, and then contact everyone else giving them the option to get the next available unit, or cancel.

Soldato
Be interesting to see whats been cancelled e.g. have Smyths cancelled Series X orders on all access only thus far? as when i placed mine for Series S it did state X was gone but still let me choose Series X which seemed off (i did it just to see if it would let me proceed and backed out before doing the actual order as you would think choosing it should be greyed out)

Back
Top Bottom