• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Plus Nvidia hasn't slowed down. Seen that they sponsored Linus and MKBHD to review the 3090? If anything, the way Nvidia is acting to plaster the 30 series absolutely everywhere to me shows that they feel some kind of threat from AMD :)

Either that or they're trying their damndest to bury them without trace. Speaking of which is there any independent reviewers left or are they all "sponsored" by Nvidia? Jay2shills is just an idiot who'll bend whichever way the wind blows but DF and TechTips is disappointing.

Associate
Gamers Nexus is who I tend to look at... I first saw their stuff when wondering what cases had good airflow and things but they seem to test stuff fairly exhaustively (most of it goes over my head) and as far as I know they're legit ... they have little sponsored bits at the start of videos but generally not of the thing they're reviewing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

We seen the table but from different source I think.

Gamers Nexus is who I tend to look at... I first saw their stuff when wondering what cases had good airflow and things but they seem to test stuff fairly exhaustively (most of it goes over my head) and as far as I know they're independent.

Jury is out on him for me. He seems to do a LOT of AMD bashing, so when he tries not to shill intel/nvidia its hard to say he's independant as he should be roasting 3080 launch to oblivion if he has consistency and 'independant'.

Caporegime
Either that or they're trying their damndest to bury them without trace. Speaking of which is there any independent reviewers left or are they all "sponsored" by Nvidia? Jay2shills is just an idiot who'll bend whichever way the wind blows but DF and TechTips is disappointing.
If there is one company which doesn't need to sponsor content, IMO its Nvidia. Their mindshare is clear. So why the change?

If AMD wasn't a potential threat, I think their GPU Prices would have been higher and we'd not be seeing sponsored content like what dropped in the last day or so.

Or they have done this to try and detract from the 80 series launch farce.

I find it utterly hilarious that MKBHD gets a 3090 to play with but Jay did not :D (that we have seen so far, anyway)

Soldato
Jury is out on him for me. He seems to do a LOT of AMD bashing, so when he tries not to shill intel/nvidia its hard to say he's independant as he should be roasting 3080 launch to oblivion if he has consistency and 'independant'.

I've never seen Steve be anything but impartial tbh.

Associate
If AMD wasn't a potential threat, I think their GPU Prices would have been higher and we'd not be seeing sponsored content like what dropped in the last day or so.

I think this is right, certainly nvidia would have launched at higher prices if AMD weren't about to release something. Whether nvidia have any more clue than anyone else what's coming is debatable but the console info will obviously have played a big part in their judgement.

Associate
I almost got caught in the 3080 launch hype, but with stock shortages and the rapidly escalating prices, I'm going to sit tight and see what team red has to show, and honestly probably wait until Jan to be buying anything. Reckon a 3070/Navi equivalent level card is more suited for me anyway, with running a 1440p 144hz display that I won't be upgrading for a good few years.

Soldato
I find it utterly hilarious that MKBHD gets a 3090 to play with but Jay did not :D (that we have seen so far, anyway)

He'll be so upset if that's the case. In his latest vid he was actually saying this wasn't a paper launch because there are some other scores from 3800's on 3dmark... The green tinted glasses are strong.

Caporegime
He'll be so upset if that's the case. In his latest vid he was actually saying this wasn't a paper launch because there are some other scores from 3800's on 3dmark... The green tinted glasses are strong.
Yes I noticed that and I thought "lolrly" when I saw him saying that.

100 odd cards with their benchmarks on an online scoreboard does not count as a global full on launch imo.

Soldato
I've never seen Steve be anything but impartial tbh.

You missed him practically dry heaving during his Threadripper 3 review then ;)

Correct, he went to town on the AMD drivers back in January or thereabouts which is a good thing, yet he doesnt seem to be as critical of the other brands when they drop a bollock. He's good but not as good as some people make him out to be.

Soldato
Yes I noticed that and I thought "lolrly" when I saw him saying that.

100 odd cards with their benchmarks on an online scoreboard does not count as a global full on launch imo.

He had one guy with a 3080 in a "roast my PC" video too and started saying that it means it wasn't a paper launch too. He does seem REALLY defensive about the whole situation.

Soldato
Correct, he went to town on the AMD drivers back in January or thereabouts which is a good thing, yet he doesnt seem to be as critical of the other brands when they drop a bollock. He's good but not as good as some people make him out to be.

Hang on, I just watched most of the 8k review and hes clawed back some respect, he's finally sniping at nvidia - its been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom