Path through the forum, and why

Soldato
Hey,

I have an obvious path down the form I take, every single time I visit! I was wondering if anyone done similar.

Hardware > CPU's, because I love all the bickering between AMD and Intel, also I chuckle at the overuse of the word 'bottleneck' every time I see it.
Games > Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing, purely because I like it and have some old hardware myself. Also a BIG Dreamcast collection.
Life > General Discussion, as you just never know! I do love the threads that get derailed with puns. Also, some people comments/feelings/beliefs are laughable.
Life > Motors, similar to above! With the added bonus of pictures of nice cars, ideas, etc.
Life > Home and Garden, I visit the 'nervous wait' and 'man jobs', I just like reading about what people are doing or going through.
Members Market > For Sale PC Hardware and Software. Many pickups over the years, some good bargains. I need to bite my tongue sometimes when seeing silly offers made. I either simply want to call them out, or offer more out of spite. Never done either tho :)

So guys and gals, what's the path you take?!

Soldato
Hardware > New to PC gaming & upgrade advice
Hardware > General hardware
Watched Threads
Alerts: Members Market

I occasionally check some of the other sections but the above is my day to day, I quite enjoy speccing builds for people and offering advice when I've the time.

Man of Honour
Im a new posts guy... Click that and have a look. After that I tend to have a look at CPU, GPU, GD, Motors, and the Members Market. But yea mostly just click new posts and have a little look :)

Associate
new posts, one thing that annoys me though is that when I click on a thread it doesn't take me to the last post I read. Is there a way to get it to do this?

bJN

bJN

Soldato
new posts, one thing that annoys me though is that when I click on a thread it doesn't take me to the last post I read. Is there a way to get it to do this?
Click the icon to the left of the thread title, should take you to the last post you looked at ;)

Soldato
On other forums i'm a new posts guy, but too much traffic on here.

Mostly bounce into gd to see the latest drama, occasionally pop into motors if i'm bored, but otherwise only really go into other forums for specific reasons.

I mean for example i've got bored of the whole gpu forum, you could set your calender by wether or not its red versus green or green versus red

Capodecina
Soldato
Straight to GD and only GD. I don't buy new hardware and I go elsewhere for software support. OCUK is purely time killing/entertainment for me.

EDIT: Oh, sometimes COVID. I wish there were an occult subforum but I don't think that's on the mod's todo lists.

Last edited:
Soldato
New posts from the bookmarks bar, but the first page is full of graphics card now :(

The path is New Posts > GD > Mobiles > Motors > Members Market > Covid > New Posts

Soldato
Click the icon to the left of the thread title, should take you to the last post you looked at ;)

I did ask this a few weeks ago, so it's probably quite an "unknown" shortcut. Could do with being in some sort of help text.

Back on topic, i'll normally look/respond to any alerts, and then jump straight to new posts. After scrolling through a few pages/seeing nothing new, i'll usually venture towards GD / Home & Garden / Motors.

Back
Top Bottom