** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Prices on the 3090's going up and up. Think I'm going to sit and wait until the dust settles, what a joke this release has been (Globally - not OcUK specifically).

Yea, its really not worth paying 300-400 quid more just to have it NOW, unless you're big rich :D

Associate
Think Gibbo has made it clear what is the position, so OCUK are being upfront and fair. would love a 3090, but just outside my total upgrade budget. will be watching the 3080 situation, as will be watching OCUK for new Ryzen supplies next moth.

Associate
no one knew mate as far I could tell. I had no idea I woke up checked my Reddit and though oh FFS. Read a lot of the conversation and it appeared to have turned up and the lucky ppl who were awake and checked or got told about it by friends or channels etc got one

Associate
no one knew mate as far I could tell. I had no idea I woke up checked my Reddit and though oh FFS. Read a lot of the conversation and it appeared to have turned up and the lucky ppl who were awake and checked or got told about it by friends or channels etc got one

Fair enough. FWIW I checked it earlier and it did say "available from the 15th October" before being changed to straight up out of stock, so that might be the day to be up nice and early if you want a crack at the next wave of FE cards

Soldato
Its a shame there was not a single mention on the Eagle cards, I have seen updates and it seems all the brands had some coming in and then being send to customers but not seen any updates re Gigabyte :(

Associate
Its a shame there was not a single mention on the Eagle cards, I have seen updates and it seems all the brands had some coming in and then being send to customers but not seen any updates re Gigabyte :(
Exactly this, although I do think that there was one mention of Gigabyte cards on Gibbo's update thread, but it looks to be Asus in the lead at the moment.

Associate
Arrived fine for me today (I had to delay dpd from yesterday as I was actually in work) - for the record my "succesful" order out of three attempts seems to be the one recorded at 2.30pm on launch day.
View attachment 36T3LnZ.jpg
Hope those still waiting get their's soon and good luck on the 3090's
I chose the Palit partly based on the review at https://www.techpowerup.com/review/palit-geforce-rtx-3080-gaming-pro-oc/ which while it's for the OC version is otherwise identical card - board layout , packaging etc
I like it's more "traditional" backplate, fans and power connectors - should make any future maintenance down the road a lot easier.
It also comes with an Acrylic "support" piece that goes in the next slot along to stop the card "sagging" in a tower case - neat idea, though my case (Zalman Z3 plus) actually has support built in.
Again thanks for the good wishes, good luck all and thanks Overclockers, got there in the end :cool:

Soldato
Exactly this, although I do think that there was one mention of Gigabyte cards on Gibbo's update thread, but it looks to be Asus in the lead at the moment.
I guess we just need to wait patiently. It would be nice if GB could at least tell ocuk what the deal is with any orders.

Associate
Well, I've swapped out my psu from my old 500W to a shiny new Corsair RM850X in anticipation of Asus Strix 3080.......only one thing missing now.....oh what was it? oh yeah the actual gpu!:D:D

Soldato
I am on smooth sailing as I had R9 295x2 before so I am rocking a 1000w Titanium EVGA :D Currently powering my standin card the GTX 570 :D so yeah the 3080 cannot come soon enough :d

Associate
Well Im eager to get my hands on my Gigabyte Gaming OC.

Im fine with PSU aswell even with a stock 10900k. AX760 80+Plat.

Talking abt availability, SOMEWHERE IN DA INTERWEBZ has a "board" up talking availability and delivery. So that sounds amazing. OC.uk should have a dig at it.

Now I just need to wait

Last edited:
Soldato
Well Im eager to get my hands on my Gigabyte Gaming OC.

Im fine with PSU aswell even with a stock 10900k. AX760 80+Plat.

Talking abt availability, has a "board" up talking availability and delivery. So that sounds amazing.

Now I just need to wait

Don't mention competitors on here i would edit your comment.;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom