Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
I am using headphones, 1st Edition HyperX Cloud with a Asus Xonar DGX 5.1.

I have it on home Dynamic Home Theater mode atm but for no real reason

Edit: I have Xonar DGX set to 8 audio channels, pcm 96khz and analog out (headphones)

Edit2: In game volumes:

Master @ 46
Music @ 13
Dialog @ 30
Effects @ 50

Now switched to boost high, so will see how that goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried boost high and its horrible. Reference for me and just music down to 20%
With boost high I wouldnt hear voice comms at hardly, that and it sounded too tinny

C64

C64

Soldato
Same. I paid for Dolby Atomos for Headphones through Dolby access. It was a few quid and makes COD MW sound fantastic though AKG 702 headphones.

It sounded good anyway but much better with Atmos without being too 'virtually ott' Dolby headphone and Dolby Pro logic IIx sound way to artificial - sort of like everything was in a large cathedral or shouting accross the grand canyon :D

Dolby Atomos just makes it sounds a bit better in terms of positional audio like bullet fire and footsteps which makes it easier locate people / things, without it being to OTT. I often have teammates asking how I know exactly where supply caches are or where enemies are
the game doesn't have sound that deep or good it's basic, its designed for a small area 5v5 console deathmatch

it's clearly dying no big streamers even play it anymore and when they do it's because they've been paid to

Soldato
Same. I paid for Dolby Atomos for Headphones through Dolby access. It was a few quid and makes COD MW sound fantastic though AKG 702 headphones.

It sounded good anyway but much better with Atmos without being too 'virtually ott' Dolby headphone and Dolby Pro logic IIx sound way to artificial - sort of like everything was in a large cathedral or shouting accross the grand canyon :D

Dolby Atomos just makes it sounds a bit better in terms of positional audio like bullet fire and footsteps which makes it easier locate people / things, without it being to OTT. I often have teammates asking how I know exactly where supply caches are or where enemies are

My stx2 has it inbuilt and it certainly does help. Also makes a real difference to music sounds fantastic. Struggle listening to anything without it now I’ve been using it so long. Goes from listening to with headphones to almost sounding like a live concert.

On a side note any user id’s like on the battlefield thread? Wouldn’t mind having a few extra people to play warzone with the amount of useless randomers I get put with on quads is starting to anger me :p.

C64

C64

Soldato
Were these wallhackers beaming you through walls?
I cannot believe people are even challenging it when theres a multi $million cheat economy going on for warzone
there's a natural wallhack on certain cards and drivers too which shows a blurry outline of players through walls and objects

The only people taking warzone serious are on console with crossplay OFF
if it's all fine and dandy why are console players switching crossplay off

Soldato
I cannot believe people are even challenging it when theres a multi $million cheat economy going on for warzone
there's a natural wallhack on certain cards and drivers too which shows a blurry outline of players through walls and objects

The only people taking warzone serious are on console with crossplay OFF
if it's all fine and dandy why are console players switching crossplay off

Multi million cheat economy for a dead game?

Soldato
I tried boost high and its horrible. Reference for me and just music down to 20%
With boost high I wouldnt hear voice comms at hardly, that and it sounded too tinny

I also found boost high quite tinny. I’m using home theatre at the moment but will give reference a shot this evening.

I think I gave Studio reference a shot but something sounded off. Although I have since added Atmos for headphones so I'll try again. Agree with the voice comms, Especially when dropping in.

Tried the Windows Sonic through headphones and it was awful. Sounded like I was sat in a tin can.

Yeah I had this too. It sounded pretty bad, I didn't play about with anything though.

Permabanned
no i uninstalled it because it's full of wallhackers running around knowing where everyone is
have fun getting killed over and over by cheats though and pretend it's audio not a wallhack

I can honestly say I only remember like one or two instances where I was killed by a blatantly obvious cheater in WZ. There are times where I've questioned it and then the kill cam and spectating them shows that the person just has an excellent aim or has developed a really good situational awareness and tactical playstyle and they're just three steps ahead of me or hell, they just got lucky. Or of course they're using a controller or mouse and keyboard on a console, which isn't cheating but it should be segregated.

With all that being said, I still report every player who kills me for cheating because this is a Call of Duty game and acting like a petulant child about it is in the system requirements. :D

Also, remember to type 'easy' into the global chat at the end of every game you win.

Soldato
I came across this on YouTube today which shows what the aimbot looks like from the cheaters perspective. Its insane!

I have personally only encountered a handful of cheaters, most likely due to the fact that I am pretty average at best so the SBM keeps me out of the sweaty lobbies

Soldato
I definitely run into more cheaters in WZ than MP but with lobbies of 150 in WZ, it could be a skewed perspective.
With all that being said, I still report every player who kills me for cheating because this is a Call of Duty game and acting like a petulant child about it is in the system requirements. :D

Also, remember to type 'easy' into the global chat at the end of every game you win.
Please make sure you are using an obnoxiously loud open mic.

Permabanned
I definitely run into more cheaters in WZ than MP but with lobbies of 150 in WZ, it could be a skewed perspective.

Please make sure you are using an obnoxiously loud open mic.

Oh hell yeah, and I'm usually eating a sharing pack of kettle chips whilst playing so everybody can hear me crunching on them!

Back
Top Bottom