• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Jacob from EVGA has been posting some positive news about EU stock coming for the ftws this week, scan has an expected date of 25th to 29th on EVGA cards, so fingers crossed ocuk get some ftw ultras as i am pretty sure im first in que

Associate
I mean, they are sitting on 10+ million in cash from pre orders... all that interest will build up nicely if they take their sweet time. :p

I mean, good for them. XD I'm sure they're doing everything they can, it's not like they're sitting there counting our money, cackling manically like evil supervillains.

Don't forget that they have another catastrophic launch to deal with. After the same happens with the 3090 it'll be a while whilst they clean that mess up too. I wouldn't hold out on any meaningful progress happening soon.

This too, which I'm sure has also taken a good chunk of time out of their schedule

Associate
The thing I don't get is why OCUK are still taking pre orders if they are rushed off their feet, which surely takes up a load of time dealing with cancellations and time wasters?
The conclusion I have come to is there are large shipments due in that we are not being told about.
Maybe I'm being optimistic, but if it's all an unknown and limited stock for months, it sounds like more grief than it's worth. Especially with AMD on the horizon.

Associate
Don't forget that they have another catastrophic launch to deal with. After the same happens with the 3090 it'll be a while whilst they clean that mess up too. I wouldn't hold out on any meaningful progress happening soon.
I don't think 3090 will be as bad, 3070 is when **** will really hit the fan. Not many people can afford to spend 1500+ on a gpu. 500 is a much different story

Associate
@Gibbo Not sure if possible but, why not share the amount, arriving and being shipped for each model, so we can set better expectations.
for me, it is not an issue yet, since I pre-ordered Aorus Extreme and they are not released so far.

But when the time came for me it will be useful, and I believe to be useful for everyone to set expectations.
Just a thought as I'm not aware, if, in reality, this would be possible.

Also if possible, the number of how many of each card was sold each day.
I wouldn't mind helping, transforming raw data, and something visual for everyone.
as some already did amazing tools to help us, maybe I can scrap that data and send to them for improving the tools, or maybe hire them to build a tracking tool for your website.

Just random thoughts, be safe and well everyone.

Cheers

Associate
The thing I don't get is why OCUK are still taking pre orders if they are rushed off their feet, which surely takes up a load of time dealing with cancellations and time wasters?
The conclusion I have come to is there are large shipments due in that we are not being told about.
Maybe I'm being optimistic, but if it's all an unknown and limited stock for months, it sounds like more grief than it's worth. Especially with AMD on the horizon.

Chances are (note: my expectations, nothing more) that by late October & November there will be larger shipments coming, and they'll be able to fulfill more orders. However, at the moment that's just not a guaranteed thing and there are no firm dates. But they might be working under similar assumptions, and thus allowing orders as stock will arrive some day.

Soldato
So it might seem 'easy' for OCUK to sort out this official queue calculator, but they also have to order in more stock, keep communication up with manufacturers/shipping companies, sort through current orders, process cancellations, process orders as they receive more cards... It all adds up, and it's basically going to take time. I really want my card too, and it can get frustrating, but we just have to be patient. They'll get back to us when there actually is news

If only they could have seen this coming.....

Associate
How can MSI cards ordered at 15:15 be going out when Zotacs (one of the least popular) ordered at 14:04 still haven't gone out??

I'm convinced we're not seeing official queue data because there's been a screwup and cards aren't going out first come, first served.

There's been 3, perhaps 4 confirmed deliveries of Zotac cards and we haven't satisfied the first 4 mins of orders? Yeah right.

Yeah that doesn't seem right, I got a 14:40 order in for an MSI card and haven't heard anything so I'm not sure 15:15 orders will be going out yet

Associate
No, this is exactly what I expected to happen. I ordered knowing I wouldnt see anything for at least a month, we were told there was minimal stock and we're being updated as much as we can be

I only ordered on the 19th so I'll be towards the back of the queue but sod it. To be honest the 1080 ti is still doing a decent job so it's a complete luxury purchase and I can wait. It's not stopping me looking forward to it coming like a kid at Christmas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom