• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Probably down to Funds clearance then, just because you put in basket at 14:05 whatever does not mean that is your order completion time.

My order was complete at 14:04, paid for etc, this is literally what it says on my confirmation email 'Date ordered: 17/09/2020 14:04:35'.

Associate
You mean what happened with the 3080 and then people got pissy when they couldn't meet the ETA? ;) History is repeating itself a week later

ETA aside, its still £200 cheaper, and scan guarantee to honour their price. No changes between adding to the basket and checking out.

Like I say, no particular allegiance. I just go to the best offer.

i will say Scan have moved delivery dates on me in the past and I’ve cancelled because of it.

Associate
Ordered 1 from another site as oc preorder only.
Email 10 mins later no stock.
Cancelled and now going to sit it out until the craziness has subsided.
Poor show again, not learnt from anything that went wrong last week.

Price gouging is sad to see as well

Associate
3090 was there in stock a few moments ago, accidentally had one in my card while checking to see if 3080 made a reappearance, so it is real, it does exist :)

Associate
Somehow I managed to checkout with a Gigabyte Gaming 3090 in the basket, still waiting for the confirmation email.
I tried with a TUF first, couldn't even get it added to the basket.
Then I tried a Gigabyte Eagle, got it in the basket, but could not proceed to checkout.
Finally tried with a Gigabyte Gaming and managed to get all the way through, after removing the Eagle.
I had the network tab in FF developer tools open most of the time, a lot of the requests came back with a 500, so I just kept reloading.
Now I'm praying. :D

Associate
at the end of the day, irrespective of supplier, i just can’t justify the almost £1000 difference in price for reported negligible gains. I suspect a lot of people will think like that, so the 3090 may end up being more readily available than the 3080

Associate
Seriously guys, whats the deal with the confirm your billing address and then confirm your postal address when all of the detail was in there, then miraculously, my shipping address completely disappeared, thats just some very sh** web coding, I had a card ready to buy at 2 min past and took another 24 minutes of asking for my address over and over, logging me out, dropping stuff from my basket, the captcha kicking in again and again too quickly to allow the process to work. Same as last week

Really poor man

Associate
I have a 3090 fe in the cart, checking out apparently lol. Oh well, stick in the 3080 queue and save £600. Maybe the wise choice anyway :D

Associate
I have a 3090 fe in the cart, checking out apparently lol. Oh well, stick in the 3080 queue and save £600. Maybe the wise choice anyway :D

agreed. i think lots of people will do this. it will be interesting to see how 3090 stock stands up over the next couple of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom