• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
They. Do. Not. Know.

Would you prefer they pulled a date out of their arse and just lied to you?

Honestly, it's only a GPU. I'm in the same boat.

We just have to be patient and will be provided with as much info as they have when they are given it by the brands/suppliers.

I can only imagine how frustrating a time this must be for any tech store staff to be stuck in the middle of this mess.

They. Should. Push. Suppliers. Harder. For. Info.

Soldato
Impulse ordered a 3090 Palit.
Then thought hang on... performance wise not much different for double the price...

Cancelled...

Incidentally I ordered around 14:15 ish and when I cancelled I did ask if I would have had a delivery of the Palit if I kept the order, and was informed no...

so anyone ordered a Palit at 14:15 onwards dont expect to receive yours soon (or at least tomorrow!)

Associate
According to my calculations over £8m+ in transactions in one day alone. Sorry to keep going on about the point raised a million times before but would be amazing to know anything right now, MSI has gone totally quiet and by the looks of things the most pre orders. If you lend £600 to someone the least you would expect is to find out when you will get it back!

Associate
Agreed, how has Sc*n been able to give a time for between 30th and 2nd as a date for expected shipment and OCUK can't tell us anything.
OCUK could have the same estimate and not want to put it out, imagine the ********* thats going to happen if the other retailers ETA turns out to be inaccurate. People wont be happy about it

Associate
Omg seeing the 3090 performance I'm so glad I ordered 3080. Maan that's just garbage card for gaming.
Kinda makes the waiting time easier knowing I'll be 8-10% off the best performance possible at least

Associate
Since my thread got closed, I will post this here. How do OCUK justify £180 price increases over the last few days?
go0kfdfoq2p51.png

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Its not designed for gaming though, its essentially just a rebranded titan

been saying this to a few on here for a couple of weeks now, and something iv noticed. when you point out its not a gaming specific card they go quiet or just ignore that point.

Pet Northerner
Don
Since my thread got closed, I will post this here. How do OCUK justify £180 price increases over the last few days?

Not justifying it - but it's all about demand. Ever bought flights with jet2, Easyjet, ryanair etc?

All the seats are the same class, but prices vary based on the demand for the flight.

Same here. There's also other costs like OCUK potentially paying more for the stock (to get it over competitors, crap £ etc etc.) which passes on to the buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom