• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When are you guys planning on telling us ETA's for our pre-orders? Or giving us queue numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
To say they dont know how many they're getting is silly really. They'll have exact numbers of whats due in(not just the new cards) on what day and from which manufacturer. You really think a bloke in a wagon just turns up and says "oi here mate I've got these for ya" with them knowing hmmm.

Exactly.
A company knows what they have coming in, and they know based on previous interactions with Nvidia and partners and previous orders from them how many roughly they are expected to get each week.

Soldato
To say they dont know how many they're getting is silly really. They'll have exact numbers of whats due in(not just the new cards) on what day and from which manufacturer. You really think a bloke in a wagon just turns up and says "oi here mate I've got these for ya" with them Not knowing hmmm.
Not really, anything can happen to cause a shortage. They can order as many as they need, doesn't mean it will be fulfilled...

Associate
I think they have enough work to do without running a queuing system - dont think I have ever bought anything pre-order and been given a queue number

Associate
Its not in their interest to tell you what place in the queue you are, cause as soon as you know you'll cancel your order and risk getting one from another retailer that hasn't hiked the price, plus they'll have to give you the money back and then they earn less interest.
I'll wait here for the fanbois and bulletin board heros to flame me haha

Associate
OP
What if they said you are queue number 1287

That would too.

This is the last reply il do until someone who works at OCUK replies (if they Do).

I think so many of you are seeing OCUK as some old buddy you had at school trying his best to fulfull orders.

When in reality they are a business who care mostly about money (Nothing wrong with that), who also price hiked their GPU prices while people were checking out of their website as it was crashing, and were charged upwards of £50-70 more for their GPU's than they were expecting to based on the prices that were listed when checking out, as they updated while the order was processing.
They also charged expensive next day delivery on thousands of orders they knew weren't going to be shipped for months, and have now left thousands of pre-orders without even rough estimates of shipping dates.

Overclockers isn't the innocent old man you speak to at the park, they're a business who want to make money out of you. And a part of being a business and taking your money for items if giving you a certain level of service. Which hasn't been happening.

They upped the prices a bunch of times for all of their items, even while checking out and charged people more than they intended to spend. They aren't innocent in this

Soldato
Im not asking for
"You will recieve your GPU on *Date and time*"

im asking for
"You are numner XXX in the queue for your order".

Then we can use our own judgement based on that queue position for a much more accurate ETA than "A few TUF are shipping today" which is all we have at the moment

They have the information to do that. If you don't think they have that info then you are clueless

That wouldn't tell you when you're getting your card though as Shiari pointed out.

Everyone on earth knew this was going to be a complete ****-show. People only have themselves to blame for ignoring all the evidence, there's 1,000s upon 1,000s of them waiting for cards who got suckered in by the shady marketing, ignored the heavily forecasted scarcity, and in many cases also got gouged ito the bargain.

And guess what? It just happened again with the 3090, no stock but plenty of gouging and the mugs queued up for it.

This why GPU's now cost as much as much as they do.

Associate
To say they dont know how many they're getting is silly really. They'll have exact numbers of whats due in(not just the new cards) on what day and from which manufacturer. You really think a bloke in a wagon just turns up and says "oi here mate I've got these for ya" with them Not knowing hmmm.

Let me rephrase that:

They know that right now they are expecting very small quantities of cards which can't possibly meet demand, and that will at least be until in October. For a particular card there could be weeks between deliveries. Some of these may be going to prebuilt systems, some might be used for RMA, but they are still small quantities. Some will not be known, e.g. some of these Asus cards haven't gone out yet. And then there are people cancelling orders all the time as well.

In that scenario, it will be essentially impossible to lets say ... be certain that the delivery coming in 3 weeks can be used to serve customers 78 to 115 waiting for that particular card. Maybe the likes of the "rainforest" can achieve something like that with reasonable accuracy, but logistics is the core of that company. I don't think OCUK is capable of that right now, though the tool or whatever it is that they're working on might be a step towards that.

Logistics isn't easy at the best of times, and these are far from the best of times.

Soldato
Anyone with logistics experience with products in short supply knows that you order as much as you can and cross your fingers for what actually arrives. I've seen OCUK hold people's money for months and months on end for monitotrs that never materialise. This is why pre-ordering non-existent products is for fools, but the fools won't listen, instead they cram forums with questions about when they're getting what they paid for, even when they knew that product wasn't in stock, or did not have a firm ETA.

Associate
They wont be putting a que online anytime soon as tonnes of refunds will be requested from those who are too far back in the line to get them before Christmas. I imagine this would be a tonne to process, and would drive complaints up for people not getting refunded quickly from the point of requesting it. Unfortunately its a void at this point, and its up to Nvidia's manufacturing levels in late October mid November as to when we will realistically see an uptick in orders being sent out imo.

Permabanned
I am "Just Waiting", i'm also worrying about if i'l have a GPU in time to be able to do my work.
If I just needed my 3080 for gaming I wouldn't be posting this now, some of us need graphics cards for other things
Well Gibbo gave answer. If yer order landed pre 15 October Pre 16 November pass 5 December+
So By that You should know when you getting card.

Permabanned
Well how many got Shipped out and how many made it to warehouse is totally different story. Have you been following LOGISTIC NEWS in uk rescently ??

Associate
Exactly.
A company knows what they have coming in, and they know based on previous interactions with Nvidia and partners and previous orders from them how many roughly they are expected to get each week.

Where supply exceeds demand, yes. Its common for orders to be cut down on items that have limited availabilty, and that cut down may not happen until the stock is ready to ship from the supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom