• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I have a PS4 pro but no xbox one. I was going to use the PS+ collection to play some of the PS4 games I missed out. Thinking about it, I could play them on the PS4 pro. There's way more games I missed on Xbox that are on the gamepass. So might cancel my PS5 pre-order , keep my Xbox series X pre-order and get a PS5 next year sometime....but knowing me I'll probably keep them both. These few months will hit my wallet very hard :D

Soldato
Oh Sony, doing a great job doing Microsofts PR for them!

It's a reversal of the last gen. Lucky for Sony they already already have that massive user base of casual players who won't look into stuff much prior to making their purchase.

I have to admit I'm more excited for Xbox at the moment for the first time since the early 360 days.

Soldato
The none of it really excites me except Demon's Souls and a UHD drive and 4k/60. There's not been much info on much else from either MS or Sony. Need more concrete release dates. I suppose we'll see more throughout October.

Associate
Looks like GAME are now using a queuing system similar to Currys when trying to login to your account. Probably in preparation for tomorrow.

Associate
What Sony is doing with the Digital machine is a trap, simple as. It should be printed on the box and clearly revealed to customers what they're being tied down to. It's very easy to think people are idiots if they don't look these things up, but Sony weren't exactly loud in announcing this. I only found out because I have an active interest in gaming and read about it on these forums.

I mean how many struggling parents who're saving up to get their kids something nice for Christmas will choose the "cheaper" PS5 not knowing that they're forever tied to a system that will fleece them everytime their kid runs home from school and begs for the new latest game that all the other kids have. It's just not right and always hits the poorest hardest, especially in Covid economic times.

The only way I justify even paying close to £50 for a new game is the fact I can sell it afterwards and make 50-80% of my money back if I want to.
A trap? Don't be ridiculous, it's about consumer choice. I'd be very surprised if 'Digital Edition' wasn't clearly printed on the box :D. There are many people including myself who haven't purchased a physical game in years. Should I be forced to pay £90 extra something I won't use just because little Johnny's mum can't be bothered to do the smallest amount of research into what they are buying? There are many reports that suggest the digital edition stock is around 20%-30%, which is pretty much in line with the poll in this thread (27.8% digital). If Sony were trying to trap people they would manufacture more digital than physical knowing that stocks are limited and people will buy whatever they can get.

Associate
Associate
What Sony is doing with the Digital machine is a trap, simple as. It should be printed on the box and clearly revealed to customers what they're being tied down to. It's very easy to think people are idiots if they don't look these things up, but Sony weren't exactly loud in announcing this. I only found out because I have an active interest in gaming and read about it on these forums.

I mean how many struggling parents who're saving up to get their kids something nice for Christmas will choose the "cheaper" PS5 not knowing that they're forever tied to a system that will fleece them everytime their kid runs home from school and begs for the new latest game that all the other kids have. It's just not right and always hits the poorest hardest, especially in Covid economic times.

The only way I justify even paying close to £50 for a new game is the fact I can sell it afterwards and make 50-80% of my money back if I want to.

Funnily enough, it says "digital edition" on the box and both editions show a picture of the front of the console - one clearly with drive, one clearly without; Googling "PS5 digital edition" brings up results that compare the 2 editions; there are hundreds of Youtube videos explaining the difference, including from PS Access, the official PS Youtube channel; even the Daily Mail has explained the difference. How much more you want Sony to do - personally pop round and explain to everyone?

I have a PS4 pro but no xbox one. I was going to use the PS+ collection to play some of the PS4 games I missed out. Thinking about it, I could play them on the PS4 pro. There's way more games I missed on Xbox that are on the gamepass. So might cancel my PS5 pre-order , keep my Xbox series X pre-order and get a PS5 next year sometime....but knowing me I'll probably keep them both. These few months will hit my wallet very hard :D

PS+ Collection is only for PS5 owners, not for PS4....sorry, that doesn't help the wallet :D

Soldato
What's the deal if you have digital only games on PS4, can you transfer these for free onto ps5 or do you have to buy again?

Few games I fancy playing on PS4 right now but may just hold off for 6 weeks if I can't move them over.

Soldato
What's the deal if you have digital only games on PS4, can you transfer these for free onto ps5 or do you have to buy again?

Few games I fancy playing on PS4 right now but may just hold off for 6 weeks if I can't move them over.
Yes, you can - you just download them again onto the PS5 and away you go. Some will be getting patches to update to PS5 'versions', others won't.

Soldato

PS+ collection is only available on PS5

Back
Top Bottom