• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Anyone else ordered the Zotax AMP Extreme? Best looking 30 Series card imo.

Strange that we still don't know the clocks yet. Zotac have advised October for these cards in case anyone was wondering.

Associate
People saying - "just give me a date" this is an unrealistic expectation. Some people seem to think that the manufacturers all have lots of parts and GPUs lust lying around. There are many companies involved in the manufacture of a single graphics card, Micron are probably having to ramp RAM production, then you have brackets, the shrouds, power controllers to name a few all of these usually have a 3+ month lead time to ramp production and many of the components will be shared across cards and manufacturers. Its going to take time for each manufacturer to get ETA's from each component manufacturer plus Samsung for the actual GPU to then be able to give a timescale for increased production to give you an ETA.

Throwing your toys at a retailer is not going to speed this process up.

Associate
People saying - "just give me a date" this is an unrealistic expectation. Some people seem to think that the manufacturers all have lots of parts and GPUs lust lying around. There are many companies involved in the manufacture of a single graphics card, Micron are probably having to ramp RAM production, then you have brackets, the shrouds, power controllers to name a few all of these usually have a 3+ month lead time to ramp production and many of the components will be shared across cards and manufacturers. Its going to take time for each manufacturer to get ETA's from each component manufacturer plus Samsung for the actual GPU to then be able to give a timescale for increased production to give you an ETA.

Throwing your toys at a retailer is not going to speed this process up.
But how about an official queue position

Associate
Can't see the problem tbh. I get a free 3080 rtx, my friends get an early 3080 rtx and are happy to pay a premium. Everyone's a winner baby!

You are the very problem that is being addressed in this thread. You have somehow managed to purchase three lots of a product that is in huge demand with not enough supply and you're inflating the price for your own gain. It's frowned upon, I don't care how you try to justify it, it's wrong in the court of public opinion.

I hope that if you purchased from OcUK, this gets picked up and your order cancelled in some form.

@Gibbo

Associate
1UjvFtHcS-xaeRUG4RX0JF7sEodpVQVKCRA1g05sDVcwYVm7Ocxkyqev0GjDhvc_AWe4oKUAU7r8jtPdPiwOajYCXWR0NhVPS5Cb2UTrPLPFTELG0yKw4Vakj2zraxE
Don't worry I'm already writing a GUI interface using visual basic to track his IP address.

Associate
Well it's not even marketed to "gamers" or marketed for "gaming" it's marketed as a professional level card. So no idea where your getting this garbage for gaming phrase from when Nvidia don't even market it as such, I don't go to a motorbike shop and say, that bike is garbage for stock car racing
U can NOT be more wrong. It literally can't be called a professional card to any digree...
1st of all it's labeled GEFORCE so it is aimed for gaining. 2nd of all it's lacking all the titan rtx features and if u try to compare it to any actual professional cards like quadro it's like night and day...
You get significantly lower fp32 and fp64 compute performance and half the count of tesor core mixed precision compute throughput. Disabled support for SE-IVO. You don't even get fully enabled GPU like u got with previous titans and that's pretty much what u paying here for...
It is utterly disingenuous to call 3090 professional card when it clearly doesn't qualify as one...

Associate
You're a scalper, plain and simple. I don't care if you thought you were being 'business minded' and out to cover your costs. Orders like this are truly pathetic during these types of launches. The world ain't fair, and I get that. But to come onto a forum with a brass neck like yours knowing people are waiting, just to let people know 'TWO' of your three orders have shipped, is rather angering. I hope they do catch that out and shove the other cancellation up your arse.

giphy.gif

Associate
Sensing a little hostility here! Was trying to be helpful. The other card I ordered was an Xtreme and this has not yet been shipped! Not ordered through OC's as it was £95 cheaper on ********

Associate
The 3090 is really good value when compared to the prior Titan, minus some Titan features. If you work in media/rendering from home and enjoy gaming, this is the card for you. The 3080 crashes out on quite a few rendering tasks, due to its much lower VRAM.

Associate
From Nvidia themselves, yesterday

"Since we built GeForce RTX 3090 for a unique group of users, like the Titan RTX before it, we want to apologise upfront that this will be in limited supply on launch day," says Nvidia. "

They also mention gamers just after this. They know what they are doing, trying to tempt people they know don't need the card to buy it anyway because it's got a 9 instead of an 8 basically. Don't fall for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom