• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When are the RTX 3090 reviews out

Associate
I think you'll be waiting a very long time. If the 3090 is only 11% faster than a 3080, where does a 3080 Ti sit? 7% faster for £1000+? We know at this point that Nvidia is launching a 20GB 3080 soon too, so the potential VRAM argument is out the window. No doubt the 20GB 3080 will also be pushing £1000 itself, leaving even less room for a 3080 Ti even price-wise.

I think the Ti comes into play when Nvidia switch from Samsung's 8nm process to TSMC's 7nm process in the spring as speculated. I've just watched Linus's review, Nvidia are claiming the 3090 is for content creators, so when the 3080 Ti surpasses it they'll say that was always going to be the case.

Soldato
I think you'll be waiting a very long time. If the 3090 is only 11% faster than a 3080, where does a 3080 Ti sit? 7% faster for £1000+? We know at this point that Nvidia is launching a 20GB 3080 soon too, so the potential VRAM argument is out the window. No doubt the 20GB 3080 will also be pushing £1000 itself, leaving even less room for a 3080 Ti even price-wise.

Exactly, I can't see any room for a 3080Ti and no headroom for a Titan either. Short of a new run on a better process I can only see price being the deciding factor if AMD are competitive.

Associate
3090 is an overpriced heap of **** putting it mildly.

I don't agree it being a heap of asterisks (going by reviews it apparently does what it does really well, though people should really leave this card to those who need the VRAM) ... but it's indeed way overpriced at that.

Soldato
How different it all looked for Ampere just a few weeks agao...

Great launch, great reception, good pricing and now?

Ampere is now a Papere meme.

Overhyped performance, zero stock of either card they have released, millions of gamers ****** off and/or gouged, the prices were NOT what they were meant to be full stop (thanks retailers). And the the 3090 is a complete and utter lemon only an idiot would buy for gaming.

A disaster for Nvidia.

:D

Soldato
How different it all looked for Ampere just a few weeks agao...

Great launch, great reception, good pricing and now?

Ampere is now a Papere meme.

Overhyped performance, zero stock of either card they have released, millions of gamers ****** off and/or gouged, the prices were NOT what they were meant to be full stop (thanks retailers). And the the 3090 is a complete and utter lemon only an idiot would buy for gaming.

A disaster for Nvidia.

:D
Worse thing IMO is the lack of supply of price fixed FE's initially, even if they were to creep up after a few weeks (as the 2080 Super did). Big disappointment.
AIB's I don't care for because as is the case they're more open to the forces of supply/demand and market freedoms of third party retailers

Back
Top Bottom