• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's waiting for the 3090 and which brand are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
@ Gibbo like everyone I was trying my luck but the site kept lagging and my order did not go through till 14:15.

Card was Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
Have all the cards in stock been shipped? I assume I missed out on the tiny allocation.

Soldato
your lucky i ordered else due to OCUK issues mine went through at 17:15! i actual ordered at 14:25.
OCUK was indeed slammed as was calling for 30 minutes to order over the phone but no luck :(

Associate
@ Gibbo like everyone I was trying my luck but the site kept lagging and my order did not go through till 14:15.

Card was Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card
Have all the cards in stock been shipped? I assume I missed out on the tiny allocation.

I ordered a TUF at 13:57 and mine has been shipped - I think likely I was one of the very few lucky ones this time.

Soldato
Website crashed for me so wasn’t able to order. Blessing in disguise maybe? Is ocuk out of stock of all cards now. What’s the pre order dates like?

Associate
Got my order for the Strix OC through at 14:03
Would have been more like 13:55 but in my panicked haste I misclicked payment method and by the time I sorted that out the whole site pooped itself

Got my order confirmation email but the order has up and vanished from my account since then. EDIT: Turns out I forgot to merge my Amazon and OCUK accounts

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a shame my order for a TUF at 13:57 failed when redirecting back from Braintree to OCUK, I was literally on the edge of my seat thinking I'd be either in the first allocation or close to it, but by the time it's failed and you are there wondering if the transaction went through and check your account to confirm then try again you are so far down the queue it's not worth it ..

Why retailers can't just use a more modern system for highly demanded launch products I don't know... The logic for a good queue system that allows one out, one in and handle things in a controlled manner (on separate servers) I don't know... It's easily doable but obviously it takes a forward thinking outfit to want to deliver that next level customer experience and that is always the last 'value add' that most bean counters will address.

Associate
Well after watching JayzTwoCents you got to be MAD parting with £1600 for a custom card for 1 FPS Gain over the FE!.... He also mentions some of the Custom cards have a Power Lock!

£200 more for 1 FPS more in games haha ! (4K Gaming )

I was thinking about getting 3090 myself for the extra fps in Flight Simulator at 4k but its being reported you get extra 5 FPS MAX ! on that note ill get in the pre order Q for 3080 and spend the other £750 on new motherboard and CPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxVwYbQ7Mdc

Last edited:
Associate
Juan Jose G indicated that other variant cards i.e 3090 strix we may start seeing around the 1st week of Oct so given the logistics overheads and a lot of luck possibly WC 12th. For the 3080 strix maybe WC 5th.
Although until it's actually been confirmed it's pure speculation. I'm just happy I've managed to secure a card!

clicky

I will when Asus let us know, the suppliers are not communicating much at all to be honest, when I hear it, then it gets posted in sticky at top of thread.

People need to be patient updates do not come every day let alone every hour or minute. :)

Associate
Juan Jose G indicated that other variant cards i.e 3090 strix we may start seeing around the 1st week of Oct so given the logistics overheads and a lot of luck possibly WC 12th. For the 3080 strix maybe WC 5th.
Although until it's actually been confirmed it's pure speculation. I'm just happy I've managed to secure a card!

clicky
This is where the nervous waiting sets in. With the Strix coming later than most it's a waiting game to see if I managed to get one of the first. Unlikely as that may be

Permabanned
I will when Asus let us know, the suppliers are not communicating much at all to be honest, when I hear it, then it gets posted in sticky at top of thread.

People need to be patient updates do not come every day let alone every hour or minute. :)
Ye noticed that, Got enough of time to answer all the inpatient people on forums to. Since got load of spare time to kill. Think OCUK is doing Great job at Daily updates. It's like its hard to even get Deliveries on time. Atm Parcelforce 24h is more like 48 hours DHL not better. But Amazon with self employed drivers spoiled everyone and they are like "WE WHOULD HAVE THE CARD TOMORROW MAX"".

Associate
Well I managed to bag myself 2x ASUS 3090 ROG STRIX OC's !! :D

Of course I'll have to wait for the 5th October for them to actually arrive, but my contact confirmed I was #1 and #2 (me and missus) in the order queue, yum yummy!

Associate
I got to the checkout screen for the founders, stuck there for 20 mins, then it reset itself to out of stock.

I'm still looking at a 3090, but will probably wait until the end of Oct now.

Associate
2:00pm on the dot. - I didn't buy from OCUK though, I have a business account with the 'other' major online tech retailer in the UK.
Ah, not quite as accurate for a point of reference on how likely my order got in as I would have liked then. 2:03pm though, I can hold onto SOME hope. Honestly as long as I get this thing before Cyberpunk 2077 I'm happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom