• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 farse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
So i was fairly late to the party on ordering it was saturday as appose to thursday on release day i couldnt even get onto the website so i gave it some cooling off time!

Now, firstly i am happy to wait, but to do so i feel overclockers are totally wrong in not given us a wait time, the reason they probably are not giving this information is for fear of losing the customer's.

Taking the full payment on a card they do not know when they will receive is also wrong, partial payments or deposits should be held in the place of stock they do not hold.

The whole blame nvidia all the while they continue to take so called pre order's on the card. I can gurantee overclocker's will not be paying for any stock they do not already hold.

Then to start taking orders for 3090's when they dont even have the 3080 in order.

I suppose what i am doing is venting off here, and in doing so i am trying to tell overclockers to get there very messy house in order.

I do hope the card does not disappoint when it arrives.

PS i hate waiting for things.

Associate
All these people moaning is just making this forum a toxic place to be. I have prordered a 3080. I have no idea where I am in the queue, or how long I have to wait. But waiting I am, and I am not complaining about it, because I am sure I will be pleased when I get it. It is not life and death!

Permabanned
OP
If you’re having a rant you could at least get your title spelling right!
All these people moaning is just making this forum a toxic place to be. I have prordered a 3080. I have no idea where I am in the queue, or how long I have to wait. But waiting I am, and I am not complaining about it, because I am sure I will be pleased when I get it. It is not life and death!
That is nice, but its the way overclockers have chosen to go about it, why not just say no stock and dont take any more order's until they have stock ?

Caporegime
It sucks, but what are you going to do?

OCUK simply do not know exactly when they will get an exact amount of stock.

So you either sit in the queue and see what happens or cancel your order and move on. Those are your two options and nothing is going to change that.

It isn't like they are holding anyone's money at ransom. I am sure you are free to simply cancel your pre-order.

Soldato
This. When it comes it comes, if that’s 2021 then so be it.

Soldato
It sucks, but what are you going to do?

OCUK simply do not know exactly when they will get an exact amount of stock.

So you either sit in the queue and see what happens or cancel your order and move on. Those are your two options and nothing is going to change that.

It isn't like they are holding anyone's money at ransom. I am sure you are free to simply cancel your pre-order.

^^ This ^^ How can you expect OCUK to give us an idea of when we'll get our cards when they have zero idea when and how many cards they are going to receive? Yeah it sucks having to wait but it is what it is. Glad I didn't sell my 2080ti though lol. Making do with built in graphics from my cpu would get old very very quickly.

Associate
Glad to see more users speaking up about the 3080 farse.
Its just sad every thread that speaks out gets bombarded with 'deal with it' posters, then is locked.
Shame we cant have a decent discussion about what went well and what needs improving.

IMO dude just cancel your order, vote with your wallet.

Associate
The only thing that 'went wrong' is people's expectations that they must have the product immediately it's available. How would it benefit anyone if Nvidia postponed the launch for any until they thought they had enough stock to go round? The only difference would be no one having a 3080 right now, or anytime soon.

I'm perfectly happy to wait until they're simply in stock to buy. Genuinely couldn't care less that other people have them already.

Pet Northerner
Don
cool-story-bro-sylvester-stallone.jpg

Associate
Its farce...

Why are people whinging at OCUK for Nvidias fail? OCUK are a business doing business things, allowing you to order a product that has been paper launched with minimal global stock, yes your joining a queue for a product that is not even that good, considering a lot of people who gave the product are experiencing issues with it. Some of the partners arent even supplying it with the performance of the FE model yet charging more.

But this us all OCUKs fault right? The product is junk, and soon to be superceded by a higher vram edition, atleast you didnt go full retard for the 3090.

My honest advice would be to keep your cash for now and wait a month to see what AMD bring, as there is extremely little chance you will see 3080 stock before then.

Dont blame @Gibbo and OCUK for Nvidias failings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom