BMW and M Power Owners

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
A 1940's Morris Minor could probably be described as underpowered. An X3 with not far off 300 BHP can't.

Car specs have become crazy in recent years, we are talking about a 4x4 which does 0-60 in just 6.8s here! Most of us are old enough to remember when 6.8s would be considered to be quite high end performance only seen at the higher end of a marques range. Its faster than anyone actually needs and there is no way that it will feel under powered to its intended audience.

Man of Honour
IMG-0060.jpg
your neighbours must be green with envy lol

Commissario
X3M looks nice, despite the hate on here!

I've just ticked over 500 miles in the M340i so still running it in, but it does pull rather well when given some - obv haven't red lined it yet :(

Soldato
It looks nice but I'm amazed that BMW have the gall to put an M badge onto something so blatantly glacial, though. It looks like it should do 0-60 in 4 seconds, but it actually takes 4.1 seconds. That must make merging onto motorways a complete nightmare.

Soldato
X3M looks nice, despite the hate on here!

I've just ticked over 500 miles in the M340i so still running it in, but it does pull rather well when given some - obv haven't red lined it yet :(

I've got 1100 miles before I can properly try it as it needs the running in service, but the shove in 4th from 30 is pretty massive. The adjustable red line is good to see and doesn't take too long before its opens up.

Soldato
Almost had an issue tonight, was turning right onto a 50 road (so cars come up pretty quick), I put my foot down and did a bit of a powerslide. Oops, not sure if it looked cool but as I was not planning on it doing that I was a bit surprised:eek:. Considering I've been driving this car for 2 years, it's the first time it's bit me like that. I blame the rain we've had (greasy road) and due to it being a right turn, was a bit gritty too. A bit surprised tbh as I though the m LSD stopped stuff like that happening.

Associate
Had a bit of an issue with the 750i the other day, water came in through the headlining, and stained the interior a bit. The Sunroof drains were not able to cope with the massive deluge we had, and demonstrated clearly that they were not working as they should!

I was away and had very little in the way of tools, so ended up just prodding the holes a lot, and not really making much in the way of progress. However, once at home, with my full tools, i found that they hide the drains behind the wheel arch liners. So whipped them off, pulled off the ends, and cleaned it up in there. Lots of junk came out, but they were not draining well (i must have looked very odd as I was pouring screenwash into my open sunroof) no matter what I did.

So in the end, I hooked a hose up to the outlet in the lower arch, poured a load of screenwash into it, and BLEW it as hard as I could up the tube. LOTS of junk came out, and made a little mess of the interior, but it then drained perfectly! I cleaned up the area, then did the same to the other side, and now I can pour away till my hearts content, and it drains out of the arches perfectly :D

The interior had tide lines all over all the pillars and main liner, especially around the vanity mirrors, and around the sunroof itself. A little scrubbing with the SIMPLY AMAZING Autoglym interior shampoo brought them right back in no time :D

It was still drying out in a couple of places after being cleaned, but you can see the improvement!!

Did this a little while ago now, but decided to post it up today. If you have a sunroof on an older car, check the drains! Save yourself the stress and hassle!

Glad it worked out, great tip on the interior shampoo. Will add this to my arsenal of cleaning products (and wory less about two young nieces being in the car).

Associate
Picked up a 69 plate 430d M-Sport yesterday, only 6k on the clock (demo car).
Went for a quick spin last night but had to return as the 'too much oil' warning light came on.
Going back to the garage today for them to sort it....stupid mistake for their mechanic to make :(

Caporegime
Went for a quick spin last night but had to return as the 'too much oil' warning light came on.
Going back to the garage today for them to sort it....stupid mistake for their mechanic to make :(

Mechanic may not have made a mistake. Multiple issues can result in an oil volume increase or that light to appear.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Might be failed regens, my diesel x3 shows the same high oil level. Apparently the regen process dumps diesel into the oil when it doesnt manage to complete.

Man of Honour

A 6k mile car won't have had an oil change, so hardly the fault of the mechanic.

It offers you a good opportunity to not buy the car though. You'd need to be mad to buy a 4 series that new.

It's a very old platform that dates from 2011 and has been totally superseded. A 330d of the same age is the all new model and is considerably better.

Buy an older 430d for much less money, it's the same car, or get the 330d, as it's so much better.

Man of Honour
The auto in my M140i doesn't feel the same in the past few weeks when in comfort mode compared to how used to behave. It feels really lethargic at random times, almost like it's in eco pro. Say I go to pull away, sometimes nothing happens even though the throttle is applied then I apply more throttle and it takes off like I'm at Santa Pod. The same happens when driving, if I want to speed up gently it seems extremely reluctant to drop a few gears and when it finally does, it will hold onto it even if I take my foot completely off the throttle, holding 2200 rpm or so for a good 5-10 seconds before I finally starts changing up. If I put it in sport mode I have no issues at all. Is this something worth taking it to the dealer for? Is it a common problem with the ZF8 box?

Soldato
The auto in my M140i doesn't feel the same in the past few weeks when in comfort mode compared to how used to behave. It feels really lethargic at random times, almost like it's in eco pro. Say I go to pull away, sometimes nothing happens even though the throttle is applied then I apply more throttle and it takes off like I'm at Santa Pod. The same happens when driving, if I want to speed up gently it seems extremely reluctant to drop a few gears and when it finally does, it will hold onto it even if I take my foot completely off the throttle, holding 2200 rpm or so for a good 5-10 seconds before I finally starts changing up. If I put it in sport mode I have no issues at all. Is this something worth taking it to the dealer for? Is it a common problem with the ZF8 box?

Sounds like throttle adaptation. There should be a guide on how to reset it mainly using the ignition start/throttle sequence. Look for it on the YouTube.

Associate
Car still in the garage, they tried a full software update and it failed - they say it needs a new head unit so they are putting it in on Monday/Tuesday

Soldato
I collected my X3M yesterday, lovely car.

Having some problems setting up the BMW ConnectedDrive app though...

I cannot enable remote services within the app or the BMW portal online. I hit the activate now button within the app and I get a spinning wheel but nothing happens.

On the customer portal within the web browser it does the same and then I get an error message. I can't remotely access anything without it.

Also, how do I get android auto working? I've installed it on my phone but there is no app as such?

Soldato
I collected my X3M yesterday, lovely car.

Having some problems setting up the BMW ConnectedDrive app though...

I cannot enable remote services within the app or the BMW portal online. I hit the activate now button within the app and I get a spinning wheel but nothing happens.

On the customer portal within the web browser it does the same and then I get an error message. I can't remotely access anything without it.

Also, how do I get android auto working? I've installed it on my phone but there is no app as such?

Good choice :D

Does your car have the ID7 system or the ID6 one? The app should be installed in the app store, mine took a few hours to download and enable and I got the Carplay and Android auto apps both appear.

I assume you signed up for connected drive online and created an account?

Back
Top Bottom