Looking for KB for programming and gaming

Associate
Hey guys looking to put my clunky dominator KB to rest now,

I was looking at the G915 tactile for 209.99.

Mainly do programming and gaming.

Edit: I've got a 25% student discount code for logitec (£157.49 with code)

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless needing wireless functionality, G815 is good amount cheaper for starting price.

That GL swtich is certainly quite safe mechanical switch, if you've used only membrane/rubber dome keyboards.
Also unlike most mechanical switches it's quite quiet.

Associate
Fantastic keyboard. Sure, it's an expensive price to pay for a keyboard, but without a doubt the best feeling computer peripheral I've owned in a long, long time. The build quality is exceptional and there are zero connection issues. No delay, no double typing. Just a flawless typing experience. The RGB lighting is also really cool and highly customisable.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply all. I'm leaning towards the g815 as it's a little cheaper,

My last question is what key type over linear or tactile, I'm again leaning towards tactile as its some what in between so I've researched.

Permabanned
I love TKL keyboards! Certainly I would go for the TKL, it's amazing how much room they save on your desk. Your mouse is in a much better place too, it's not displaced way to the right by a numpad.

Personally I am a little unsure about logitech though. I have had some bad experiences with their Romer G switches and until someone can reassure me that the switches on these aren't going to fall apart like the Romers do, then I would prefer Cherry. I don't seem to need tactile. Something like a FNATIC TKL Cherry silent red is the thing I like. Very quiet.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Keychron have just announced the K3 - which looks good. I also plan to use it for coding.
It is flatter than the original Keychron and well priced. I have ordered one for (hopefully) November shipping. I will post a review in this forum when it comes if folk are interested.

Soldato
I just bought a TKL Niz Plum 87, fantastic keyboard. It’s essentially an imitation of very expensive Topre switches. I have a teal Topre (Realforce 87U) and I can tell you that the Niz is very close and about a third of the price.

I mainly use it for work (coding) but also the occasional game and it’s great for both.

Back
Top Bottom