• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Could you explain to me what the Titan can do that the 3090 cannot?

The only physical addition the Titan has is L2 cache on the hardware side.

The difference is the Titan is NOT a gaming card. It's meant for workstation use. The RTX 3090 does not know what it is. We're being told it's a workstation card but nvidia are also telling us it's a gaming card.
It get's spanked by the Quadro in workstation scenarios and has nowhere near the gains in gaming over the 3080 to justify it's price.

Associate
I went for the Zotac Trinity too, my order went in at 14:04 and I'm 4 in the unofficial queue but, like most, I'm still waiting to hear anything.

ordered mine at 17.06 am 268 on the list I’m hoping I’ve moved up abit with some cancellations and ppl going for other cards.

Associate
500W 3080 vs a 500W 2080ti.

Very little in it game per game except when you turn DLSS on and then the 3080 pulls ahead by 10-20%. Just goes to show most of the performance boost of the 3080 comes from the extra power they have given the card.

Looks like that guy messed something up with his shunt mod. 2005 MHz core clock locked @ 500W is a joke. If you look at techpowerup's reviews the MSI Trio does 2000 MHz average on 350W, the TUF 1972 on 370W. Guru3d: MSI TRIO - 2025MHz, TUF - 2000MHz.

Associate
Order confirmation at 14:03 for the Zotac still haven't heard anything, number 3 on the unofficial list but of course could have a few people in front of me
That seems quite bad though, either they had almost no stock or the scalper bots got them or maybe both. I guess we really won't get much info on how many are actually coming in to keep us from cancelling.

Associate
Order confirmation at 14:03 for the Zotac still haven't heard anything, number 3 on the unofficial list but of course could have a few people in front of me
Zotac was the first card on the page when I ordered, makes me wonder if a ton of people just ordered that to get something ordered asap and its not as unpopular as we thought

Associate
We're shipping good as quickly as we can, I have no idea where you are in the OCUK waiting list but stock is currently being shipped into the UK every two weeks.

This might be a silly question, but regardless of that. Any chances of sharing if shipments are within the hundreds or the thousands every 2 weeks. Thanks for your time.

Soldato
Not with the way most etailers use PayPal! PayPal have authorised your funds (or pre-approved them) and they are held. If OCUK (and many other etailers) issues a refund then your funds are released and the transaction fee is reversed. Once your item ships the funds are captured properly - then if a regular refund is made after this they would lose the fee amount (it would cost them). The catch to this is they have ~30 days to do this or the capture / pre-authorisation can expire. If I check my account my money shows as being debited, however the transaction is still "Pre-approved payment" in PayPal and at this point a refund would cost OCUK nothing in fees.

The cash has already gone to ocuk.
And they last online shop I paid through paypal did lose some cash.

Associate
The difference is the Titan is NOT a gaming card. It's meant for workstation use. The RTX 3090 does not know what it is. We're being told it's a workstation card but nvidia are also telling us it's a gaming card.
It get's spanked by the Quadro in workstation scenarios and has nowhere near the gains in gaming over the 3080 to justify it's price.

Perhaps then it is aimed at people like me, that want to game and work in media from home?

Given that the Quadro's are beyond my pocked and the Titan is $2500.

The 3090 is not aimed at gamers. Nvidia's marketing team got the 3090 and because AMD are around the corner with the 6000 series, they want to try and create a stir by saying this is the first 8K gaming card. Which then leads people to assume it's a gaming card, when in fact it is a prosumer card that is aimed at those folk like me that need 99% of what a Titan can do, without the stupid price and something after I've finished work that I can play games on.

Associate
Perhaps I’m being pessimistic but due to the silence I am expecting we don’t get the queue system this week.

I’m find waiting for my card, but it would be nice to even have a rough idea. So far I’m thinking November for my Asus strix OC to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom